Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 10/23

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Er 10/23

AAH!!! Naked old lady boobs! I did NOT need to see that!
Old 10-23-03, 10:14 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
In the history of NBC overhyping an episode of a show this one might take the title of most overblown.
Old 10-24-03, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
In the history of NBC overhyping an episode of a show this one might take the title of most overblown.

No kidding! I kept waiting for something good to happen! And it never did
Old 10-24-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"Shift Happens"

So we follow Pratt around for a night shift in the ER. He had a long night.

Seems like Coop might stick around.

Pratt and Deb are on the outs.

Neela has too much compassion for families and patients, but a few more weeks in the ER will beat that out of her.

Romano gets a loud motorized arm/hand.

Weaver works a shift to keep her skills "sharp".

Abby is looking for money to go back to med school, finally has to beg for her ex-hubby to co-sign on the student loan. She pays a visit to Luka to see how he's doing.

Corday is still doing Dorsett, finally admits to Abby that they are now dating. Abby bites her tongue on the whole situation.

Nice to see Randy again, haven't seen her in ages.

Oh yeah, didn't really need to see nekkid old lady's upper torso region.
Old 10-24-03, 08:09 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, someone called Pratt an "ass****" last night. Since when can people do that on network TV?

Corday's too fine.
Old 10-24-03, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nowadays, the only word, it seems that you can't say is the f-bomb on network TV after 10 p.m.

There were quite a few LOL moments for me in this episode, which focused on Pratt's exasperation in many of the situations he had to deal with because he was the 2nd year in the ER and all the rest of the more experienced doctors had left for the day.
Old 10-24-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
No way an er would have that few doctors. That would be a huge insurance risk. I think the writers/producers need to get better technical advisors. God I hate watching er with a nurse, thank god she is not an ER nurse or I would have to kill her.
Old 10-24-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Cusm
No way an er would have that few doctors. That would be a huge insurance risk. I think the writers/producers need to get better technical advisors. God I hate watching er with a nurse, thank god she is not an ER nurse or I would have to kill her.
I was thinking the same thing ... I am surprised the hospital that show represents in Chicago doesn't complain about that. As a viewer who lives in Chicago I would be deathly afraid to visit that hospital. It almost makes me afraid to visit any hospital. Shows like that are supposed to represent reality.(I know its just a TV show...)
Old 10-24-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm liking the Coop character and hating Morris. And he's played by Scott Grimes who I thought would be good.
Old 10-24-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Worst ER that I can remember in a long time.
Old 10-24-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
it was prattastic
Old 10-24-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
NYPD Blue did it years ago, I was still living at home which means probably 6 years ago

Originally posted by Static Cling
Hey, someone called Pratt an "ass****" last night. Since when can people do that on network TV?

Corday's too fine.
Old 10-24-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

One more thing, it was nice to see Filipina nurses in the ER. However, it was NOT nice to see them portrayed as having difficulty speaking English.
Old 10-24-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
One more thing, it was nice to see Filipina nurses in the ER. However, it was NOT nice to see them portrayed as having difficulty speaking English.
I'm upset that there is no one from Djibouti. *****ing racists!!

Old 10-24-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by shaun3000
I'm upset that there is no one from Djibouti. *****ing racists!!

What's with the rolleyes? Did my post upset or offend you in any way?
Old 10-24-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by saoirse
Worst ER that I can remember in a long time.
Ditto.
Old 10-24-03, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Still not good, but a bit above last week's terrible episode. Every new character is annoying, and many of them appear to be near-idiots. At least there is an added dose of reality to the show, with patients now complaining about having to wait for 14 hours and more. Just like a real ER. Pratt was they only good thing this week. Everything else, including Romano, was the drizzling shits.

This is turning into Must Not See TV. <--- See what I did there? I added Not into NBC's slogan to make it into something negative.

Honk!
Old 10-24-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
What's with the rolleyes? Did my post upset or offend you in any way?
Yes, the fact that every freaking little thing has to be "PC" annoys the hell outta me. Maybe they couldn't speak English well because they are from the PHILIPPINES!, where they DON'T speak English. And really, who cares if they're Filipino, orange, green, or Muslims! Why should every little tiny niche of the population be represented equally? There are not equal amounts of X race in any country, so why try to MAKE it equal?

Sorry, I'm on a PC rant. See my upcoming thread in Otterland.

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=326003

Last edited by shaun3000; 10-24-03 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-24-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
That's it!!! I finally remember where Coop is from - he's the brother from Fox's That 80's Show that failed a couple of years ago. Damnit, I have been wondering that all night.

First off - we did not need to see old-lady boobs. We all had to stop the Tivo tonight and gag for a moment when that happened.

Secondly - Corday (Alex Kingston) has never looked so sexy on any ep of this show before - very welcome indeed.

I love Abby - particularly w/out her mother and brother popping up on the show. Again Maura Tierney proves to be one of the people keeping this old boat afloat. And what do you know? Mother-****ing Keen Eddie himself is her ex - I completely forgot about that. Mark Valley should still be working at Fox - *******s.

I actually liked Pratt tonight, but my main problem w/ the show was the return of Weaver to the ER. The one part of this season that I have truly loved is her absence from the ER so far.

Romano is one funny *******.
Old 10-25-03, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe they couldn't speak English well because they are from the PHILIPPINES!, where they DON'T speak English.
Wrong. The Phillippines have had a steady American presence, cultural and (until relatively recently), military, from the time we won the Spanish American War, circa 1900. English is spoken widely there (as is Spanish and Tagalog).

Dittto on Randy. I've missed her.
Old 10-25-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Mark Valley was all over the place a few years ago, he was also the handyman, Will Gluck on "Once and Again". And the a-hole son on Fox's defunct show, "Pasadena".
Old 10-26-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
well they proved one thing with this episode. Pratt cannot carry a show by himself.

to this episode.
Old 10-26-03, 10:03 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
well they proved one thing with this episode. Pratt cannot carry a show by himself.

to this episode.
Much less a plotline. I hate that dickhead. And not in that "I hate his character but I love to watch what he does in an episode" way, like Romano. I hate him in that "GET HIM OFF THE DAMN SHOW ALREADY AND GIVE GALLANT SOME BETTER PLOTLINES" way.
Old 10-26-03, 10:07 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Re: Er 10/23

AAH!!! Naked old lady boobs! I did NOT need to see that!
pics?
Old 10-27-03, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
Much less a plotline. I hate that dickhead. And not in that "I hate his character but I love to watch what he does in an episode" way, like Romano. I hate him in that "GET HIM OFF THE DAMN SHOW ALREADY AND GIVE GALLANT SOME BETTER PLOTLINES" way.
EXACTLY, they have this one character that isn't a srew up and doesn't have a screwy family and he gets the least screen time. It doesn't make sense. I think he is the best character right now, and so under utilized.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.