Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about Angel Heart

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-03, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was watching Angel Heart the other night and decided I finally wanted an answer to a question that has plagued me since I saw it in the theaters. What, if any, is the significance of the spinning fan blades and their changing direction while spinning in many of the scenes in the movie. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but I figure those scenes were put there for a reason, I just can't figure it out. Thanks for any light you can shed on this for me.
Old 10-24-03, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok,

Ill try to tackle this one. Usually in film, a spinning circle (or fan blade) represents Chaos or uncertainty. So In Angel Heart the circles represent the chaos of Johnny Favorite, trying to figure out who he is and where he is going. Perhaps the different directions mean the direction his soul is going.Counter clockwise ('left'- being considered 'evil' in some cultres) could represent he is off to hell of sorts...

I have not seen the flick in a while , but that 'spinning circle' is something i learned in a film theory class.
Hope this helps.

H.
Old 10-24-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts
Oh.
I always thought the spinning fans meant that
Spoiler:
In hell, it's always hot