Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Samuel Le Bihan's FUREUR (Edition limitée/DTS)- 11/4

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-22-03, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A quick heads up for the upcoming Samuel Le Bihan (Brotherhood of the Wolf) new film FUREUR which will be out on 11/3 in France. Specs include DTS track and most importantly English subs. Cover work here:

http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/dvd.php?id=9016

For those that have not heard anything about it the trailer could be seen here:

http://www.allocine.fr/webtv/acvisio...on=1&BookMark=
Old 10-23-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...erm... actually, it's a film (badly) written and (unimaginatively) directed by Karim Dridi... and it's not good at all - whether with or without a DTS soundtrack...

...sorry to put a damper on your "heads up", but people should be warned (IMNSHO,of course!)...

. . . . . .
Old 10-23-03, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,236 Likes on 823 Posts
Yup that film sucks. Our friend pro-bassoonist here seems to be under the illusion that every french film out there is good.
Old 10-23-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by eXcentris
Yup that film sucks. Our friend pro-bassoonist here seems to be under the illusion that every french film out there is good.
...yeah... and, really, they aren't... in fact, IMNSHO the French make as many really baaad movies - proportionally - as do the Americans - and the British, and the Canadians, and the Koreans...

...but, then, maybe it isn't the movie Fureur as such, but rather Samuel Le Bihan that's caught PB's fancy...

. . . . . .
Old 10-23-03, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

..ha ha....I disappear for a day and look what happens...two "great reviews" have come up.

Well, first of all I have not seen the film so I can't tell..has any of you seen it?
....Hendrik...great that you have provided me(us) with another "possitive review" but this was not a recommendation on my side....just "heads up" ...that's all. On a side note many disliked "La Mentale" but I loved it...so perhaps someone might like this one as well.

Last but not least I am by no means trying to "promote" French cinema on this board...I just like it....if others disagree...not a problem.....but since the French produce the biggest amount of Euro films it is a hit-and-miss situation anyway!!!

Cheers!!!

ps
Hendrik....I dont remember the last time you posted an actual possitive "review"......I'd love to see what your collection is like but we'd rather find out who shot JFK than see your "stats".
Cheers mate!

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 10-23-03 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-24-03, 07:42 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Actually I just saw Le Bihan in She Loves me, She Loves Me Not (American title, not sure if that was the original title. I can't read French.) But I liked that movie. Not great by any means but not bad. It was a pretty good rental.
Old 10-24-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
...Hendrik....I dont remember the last time you posted an actual possitive "review"......I'd love to see what your collection is like...
...what!?!... I just recently said to someone that CLEAN, SHAVEN was "BRILLIANT!"...
(...besides, I don't write reviews, leave that to others better qualified than I am...)

...as for my 'DVD collection' - most of my NTSC R1s and R0s (but none of the R2,R4/PALs, nor R0,R3/NTSC discs from HK) are listed on GUZZLEFISH - but I don't know how to get them to appear on this Forum - color me dumb...
(...besides, I didn't 'register' them to show off to others, just to have a 'list' for my own use...)

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 10-24-03 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-24-03, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hendrik.....why dont you register with dvdprofiler then....it's free and you could find any dvd you'd be looking for..PAL/NTSC...any region....

...and then post your collection

( you dont have to "show off"...I am just curious as I find that many films I like...esp. foreign you seem to "approve" as well )

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 10-24-03 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-24-03, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...what!?!?!... and go through the whole miserable list again???... and anyway, do they really have RUSSIAN, CZECH, POLISH, DANISH, FINNISH, GERMAN, ITALIAN, SPANISH, FRENCH, DUTCH, UK, ARGENTINIAN, AUSTRALIAN, THAI discs on dvdprofiler...?...

. . . . . .
Old 10-24-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Hendrik
...what!?!?!... and go through the whole miserable list again???... and anyway, do they really have RUSSIAN, CZECH, POLISH, DANISH, FINNISH, GERMAN, ITALIAN, SPANISH, FRENCH, DUTCH, UK, ARGENTINIAN, AUSTRALIAN, THAI discs on dvdprofiler...?...

. . . . . .
in one word- YES!! (I dont know if they have EVERYTHING....but all the titles I have looked have been there...and I have some pretty obscure ones....Bulgarian films for example).
Old 10-24-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...well... maybe I'll try it then... but it'll mean putting in several hundred titles... oh my...

...sigh...

. . . . . .
Old 10-24-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

several hundred should be ok...I have seen people with over 1000 titles in there....

*I am around the 500 mark as well so....

with other words...I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE "HENDRIK-COLLECTTION"
Old 10-24-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hey, I'd be interested to peruse your collection as well, Hendrik. I want to see what cinematic masterpieces you have worthy enough to spend your money on.
Old 10-24-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...erm... does this work...?...

some of my DVDs

...well... whaddayaknow...?!?... it does work... (later)...or does it...?...

(NOTE: Where I used to live, renting DVDs was not an option... if I could have rented, I would not have bought at least 50% of the titles on my list - e.g. such eminently forgettable films as THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY (barely "funny"), AMERICAN PIE (barely, but really barely "funny"), the oh-so-precious BEGOTTEN, the unspeakable MEET JOE BLACK, Lars von Trier's excruciatingly boring THE ELEMENT OF CRIME, the almost equally boring Norwegian/Swedish INSOMNIA, etc., etc..., not to mention my HK discs of Korea's SHIRI and Japan's UZUMAKI and my German discs of the absurd ANATOMIE and the looong, slooow, boooring DER KRIEGER UND DIE KAISERIN...) - well, you did ask...)

. . . . . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 10-24-03 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-24-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

ok...so you picked Guzzlefish......
You dont have to justify your collection in front of me...as long as you like the film...that's all that matters!, even if not 100%.

I am looking.....will "grade" later.............