Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where to Buy UK Chaplin Complete Box Set

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-22-03, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the few places I know online for UK DVD's looking for a good price for the Charlie Chaplin Collection (combines both vols. 1 & 2) and the best price I coule find was UK105.

I'd appreciate if anyone could refer me to other places to look besides Amazon UK, Bensons World & Streets Online which I've already checked.

Thanks
Old 10-22-03, 01:20 PM

Yes, I would like to know as well. thanks!
Old 10-23-03, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In all honesty i probably think you've mentioned the best ones already and you are highly unlikely to get a better price anywhere else than those you have listed.
Being from the UK myself i usually use Play.Com who are amongst the cheapest, however, their price matches that of Amazon and the only other places online i can think of..Choices Direct...Blackstar etc...are more expensive.
Sorry i can't be of any more help...incidentally i own this boxset myself and can testify to it being worth every penny (cent) i spent on it.
Old 10-23-03, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by RichDB10
In all honesty i probably think you've mentioned the best ones already and you are highly unlikely to get a better price anywhere else than those you have listed.
That's what I was afraid of.

Is 105 around what you paid, Rich?
Old 10-23-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually paid slightly more (£130) because it was bought locally in one of my high street stores which is a pretty standard price to be buying this off a shelf here in the UK....actually not sure about tax laws etc but if you are buying from the states am i right in thinking you won't have the 17.5% VAT charge that we have to pay?....in which case i'd certainly snap this set up even at £105.
Old 10-23-03, 08:45 PM

You don't mention where you live. If you're in the US, Amazon UK will in all likelihood be the cheapest, because they don't charge the 17.5% European Union Value Added Tax to those who live outside the EU. Most other British etailers do not. Once you have registered or signed into Amazon UK with a non-EU address, they will show you the estimated price in US dollars (not including shipping) without the VAT.
Old 10-24-03, 07:08 AM

I forgot about the VAT!!!!

So it's even less than 105!!!

Thanks, guys!