Community
Search
Book Talk A Place To Discuss Books and Audiobooks

How is Alldirect.com?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-03, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is Alldirect.com?

Does anyone use Alldirect.com? How is the service and arrival condition of the books? I've ordered a few times from Overstock and the books have arrived a few times damaged or just in poor condition. Is Alldirect better/worse/same?

-thanks
Old 10-21-03, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
They're good, never had any problems.

Overstock is cheaper.
Old 10-24-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been ordering from them for years, I've always found them to provide good service and excellent prices.
Old 10-26-03, 11:44 AM

Thanks very much for the feedback Eric & Rand. I went ahead and placed an order. I'll post again when it arrives.
Old 11-03-03, 03:16 PM

FWIW, here's a summary of my first order with Alldirect.com

I bought a few different types of books ranging from hard cover coffee table to paperback travel guides. I also threw in a CD. The search tools were excellent and it was quick to find what I wanted. I received an email confirmation of my order. It took 3 days to fill my order and then I received an email update along with the tracking number. My total was over $99 which allowed me to get free shipping with Fedex ground service.

The box arrived in good shape. The books were packed in styrofoam popcorn. Everything looked good. There was one paperback that had a cover that was coming apart in two small sections and the CD case had a small crack in the interior. Alldirect has a good return policy from what I could tell from the info provided on the site, but the issues on my order are really trivial.

As Eric mentioned above, the prices are not quite as low as Overstock on most titles. However, I do think the overall experience is better than my past orders with Overstock. I've had really mixed luck with Overstock on the condition of books and their search tools are pretty basic. Considering how low shipping is for Overstock it does take time to receive orders in the mail. I have been able to return books to Overstock but it was a real process to accomplish.

I placed another order with Alldirect and hope to continue to have a good experience with them. Thanks again to Eric & Rand for their helpful feedback.