Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Stuart Davis

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stuart Davis

Has anyone heard of Stuart Davis? He exists within a very defined genre, that of the "Post apocalyptic punk folk" artist, and is quite amazing. Many of his songs have a biting wit to them ("Only Changing Drugs," "Little White Town" and "******* World Renown) while he can also write absolutely beautiful absorbing songs (Swim, Someone Else's Ears, and Jonah are absolutely amazing, the latter being incredibly frightening to boot) Everyone that I, and my ex-girlfriend have introduced to Stu have absolutely loved him. On top of that, his concerts are something else. I've been to two, and they are about the funniest most entertaining things ever. I went to his Mankato show last night, and almost burst out crying from laughter during "Wizard" (His facial expressions are something that must be seen). He's on tour right now, more info can be found about the tour at www.stuartdavis.com. I highly recommend going to a show, it's only $10, it's in a small venue (coffee shop... last night I sat 3 feet away from him), and his performance of Wizard alone is well worth the price of admission

It might sound like I'm hyping him up WAY too much, but he is the real deal, and I enjoy him immensely. I'm going to his Madison show, and am really looking forward to it
Old 10-19-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I have a friend who is obsessed with him. He's playing two gigs in Iowa over the next week, maybe I'll check one out.
Old 11-14-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"On Monday, November 17th at 7:00 pm Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7) , be sure to catch Stuart's live, in-studio performance on KGNU's Kabaret. In the Boulder area, you can listen in on 88.5 FM. And those of us far, far away can listen in via KGNU's Live Webstream. The show will also be archived at the same address for those who miss the live performance. KGNU's comment line (303-447-9911) will be open during and after the show for any and all to call up and let KGNU know what you think of the show."

I imagine this'll be quite a bit entertaining. As I said in the first post, Wizard is worth the price of admission (in this case... free), and I'm certain that he'll play it on this show