Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ZooCube (GameCube)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-03, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
ZooCube (GameCube)

Anyone play this game? I got it for ~$11 at EBGames (I was buying some cheap games on their 20% used games sales) and I'm HOOKED. It is AWESOME

You have a cube in the middle and rotate it so that animals stick to it. match two animals and they disappear. Have a 6-deep stack on any face and you lose. So it's a bit like Tetris. It's fun, inventive, and creative.

I love it so much that I'm getting it for the GBA. I've only done that once (buy the same version of one game for multiple platforms) - Tetris Worlds (bought it for the XBOX and loved it so much I got it for the GBA. Those two along with Denki Blocks! should keep me busy for a while (not to mention Mario Advance 4 )
Old 10-18-03, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always saw this super cheap all over the place and I figured it was crap so I never looked it up and I can't remember seeing any other threads about it.

Lately I'm enjoying puzzle games more and more.

Any multiplayer modes to this? I always have company over and we need a new fix now and then.

Especially since they refuse to play some Buffy: Chaos Bleeds multiplayer with me.
Old 10-18-03, 08:52 AM

I had heard it gets insanely difficult rather quickly. Love puzzle games though.
Old 10-18-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes it has multiplayer
Old 10-18-03, 10:46 AM

It's published by Acclaim, so I personally wouldn't play it. I don't play or buy anything they publish, same goes for 3DO. I want Acclaim to go bankrupt leave the industry like 3DO did. If I saw a employee of Acclaim on the street I would kick them in the nads for each time they published trash on game systems all these years.
Old 10-18-03, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You go and do that. I'll be enjoying ZooCube
Old 10-18-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Galanthas
It's published by Acclaim, so I personally wouldn't play it.
heh, I felt the same way after I played it, more mediocrity from acclaim. Its an OK puzzle game at best, but there are much better ones out there like Mr. Driller and Pokemon Puzzle League. This game just didn't do it for me, and I've played a lot of puzzle games, its one of my favorite genres.
Old 10-18-03, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Played for an hour today. GameStop didn't have the GBA version so I have to see tomorrow if Electronics Boutique has it. I'm getting further and further into it and the more I do, the more I love it. For me it's right up there with Tetris (not at the same level, though, NOTHING beats Tetris... I've been playing that ever since my sister introduced it to me at a laundry mat ).

I am TOTALLY in love with the game.

I didn't get into Mr. Driller. Played it briefly and it didn't catch me. This caught me from the first button push (ZooCube).
Old 10-19-03, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's out for GBA too.
Old 10-19-03, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm glad you like it gatordeb.

There need to be more puzzle games damn it!. Seems like there haven't been very many lately .