Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wanted:Lord of the rings trilogy tickets

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed the day that the tickets went on sale online.......

I am deeply interested in getting it.....

If you are willing to sell, let me know at [email protected]

Thanks
Old 10-16-03, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

www.ebay.com
Old 10-16-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck my friend. I got lucky because someone in my LOTR line party had a couple extra tickets that she sold to me. Otherwise I'd be out of luck like most people seem to be.
Old 10-16-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I need tickets in nyc/nj area......... please ...... as you can tell i am desperate.
Old 10-16-03, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

www.ebay.com
Old 10-16-03, 03:08 PM

I still don't understand why people would want to spend 11 hours straight in a theater when FOTR is going to be playing several weeks before this and TTT will be playing a week before this event even happens.

Plus, the shows are SOLD OUT...which makes for an awfully noisy and possibly quite distracting viewing experience...I can't wait to hear the horror stories from the various theaters come Dec. 16th.

I think the best bet for true fans (who want an enjoyable experience) is to see FOTR on a weeknight the week it's playing...then TTT on a weeknight when it's playing...then a matinee of Return of the King on the 17th or 18th.

I'm starting to wonder if George Lucas is going to do the same with his Star Wars movies:

Come see The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, then a special midnight first showing of Revenge of the Sith! Then, stay for A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi (Special Editions only, folks!), and do the zombie walk back to your vehicles at 8AM the following morning!
Old 10-16-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's exactly what I'm doing Spooky. Though I did contemplate doing the marathon just to say I did it..
Old 10-16-03, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Spooky
I still don't understand why people would want to spend 11 hours straight in a theater when FOTR is going to be playing several weeks before this and TTT will be playing a week before this event even happens.
I would go see the films separately if I lived closer to a theater that was having showings. But because I'm over two hours away, I don't really have the time to drive there twice in two weeks. I went ahead and bought tickets for trilogy tuesday so I can see both EE in one day.
Old 10-16-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Where are these tix even on sale? It's showing in Columbus, GA, but the theatre isn't even built yet. ANyone in taht area know anything about it? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Tickets are gone gone gone. they were online sales but that blew a nut.

I would have loved to get tickets for either the Block of Orange or Arclight but no luck.

as for the theater being packed. I would much rather watch this ina theater full of LOTR nerds. why? if someone talks Everyone will kill them. it's atleast good to know what you are getting into instead of chancing it and seeing who shows up at a day showing of it.
Old 10-16-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ebay prices are wicked crazy.

raven56706, if you are willing to travel a bit; I might* have an extra ticket for you in Washington, DC @ The Uptown

*the ticket belongs to a flaker. I'm pretty sure he'll flake out but I don't want to give away his ticket just in case he doesn't
Old 10-16-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Plus, the shows are SOLD OUT...which makes for an awfully noisy and possibly quite distracting viewing experience...I can't wait to hear the horror stories from the various theaters come Dec. 16th.
Keep in mind these are all devoted fans, I seriously doubt it'd be too noisy or distracting.
Old 10-16-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
must agree. 3 movies in one day, you will only get the most devoted fans watching this that they will stab people who make a noise.
Old 10-16-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jesus, 410 dollars for 2 tix, 300 for baltimore tix. this is insane,
Old 10-16-03, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

yes it is. I sure hope the theaters decide to add more screens instead of just keeping it in one screen only. it's a tuesday. not much business in itself and for 3 films (two of which would be day time priced) they are getting 30-40 bucks. talk about profit.
Old 10-16-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,205 Likes on 1,508 Posts
Apparently theatres want to expand the special showing to more screens but New Line is saying no. They came up with the promotion as a special thank you for fans, not just to make money, so they are happy enough with the tickets that have been sold. (I read this at cnn, where they interviewed someone from New Line).
Old 10-16-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rypro 525
jesus, 410 dollars for 2 tix, 300 for baltimore tix. this is insane,
Nice bargain.
Old 10-16-03, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by cultshock
Apparently theatres want to expand the special showing to more screens but New Line is saying no. They came up with the promotion as a special thank you for fans, not just to make money, so they are happy enough with the tickets that have been sold. (I read this at cnn, where they interviewed someone from New Line).

Well instead of a Thank you from new line, what I'm getting is the finger from them.

I posted the news about which theaters it was going to be in the form of a thread. I jumped online before noon that very day and got assed out of two theaters. Why? computer systems down. the theaters didn't have the proper info ahead of time from new line and their own orginizations about the screening. They are happy about the take fine, but lets look at it this way. it's a tuesday, the theaters have nothing to lose and new line has nothing to lose considering more box office intake for FOTR and TTT is always welcomed. A special thank you would be for more showings. When you see ebay prices like this you can tell people want to see this, you can tell that people didn't get in on it.

The price is a benefit for the theaters yes, but frankly New Line would be both giving a thank you to the fans and the theaters by adding more shows.
Old 10-16-03, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
I don't remember ever spending that much to see BTTF Back to Back to Back and the Cinerama Dome.
Old 10-16-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,205 Likes on 1,508 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Well instead of a Thank you from new line, what I'm getting is the finger from them.

I posted the news about which theaters it was going to be in the form of a thread. I jumped online before noon that very day and got assed out of two theaters. Why? computer systems down. the theaters didn't have the proper info ahead of time from new line and their own orginizations about the screening. They are happy about the take fine, but lets look at it this way. it's a tuesday, the theaters have nothing to lose and new line has nothing to lose considering more box office intake for FOTR and TTT is always welcomed. A special thank you would be for more showings. When you see ebay prices like this you can tell people want to see this, you can tell that people didn't get in on it.

The price is a benefit for the theaters yes, but frankly New Line would be both giving a thank you to the fans and the theaters by adding more shows.

Hey man, believe me, thats the way I see it too. This is something I would have liked to attend but I won't get a chance to because of the way that New Line handled this.
Old 10-16-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I GOT TICKETS!!! Me and 6 other people are going to this marathon. I can't wait. We got them from the theaters' website. For all you Michigan LOTR fans, I'll see you December 16th!
Old 10-17-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed.
Old 10-17-03, 09:11 AM
Suspended

Give me a break. New Line isn't giving you the finger.

They did not have to release the full trilogy to theaters anyways. You should be mad at the scalpers who bought these tickets in blocks off the net and are now selling them on ebay.

Besides, I think New Line has done a good job at everything.

1) They have done a wonderful job with the LOTR trilogy.

2) The have produced wonderful DVDs of these films (and been up front about the various versions of the DVD releases).

3) They released each film about a year apart instead of years apart (like some studios do).

4) IMHO - They have treated the fans with respect.

5) They are re-releasing each film in December.

Maybe this was not thought through enough (like not allowing online sales and/or making it a minimum purchase type thing), but it is hardly giving fans the finger.

Lets don't trash a good studios for making a minor miscalculation. Just go see the films each week of December that they are released.

They have given us numerous options!!
Old 10-17-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Spooky
Worse than that, imagine the smell. Being in the theater for most of a day with basement dwellers who consider the shower their form of kryptonite.
Old 10-17-03, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by resinrats
Worse than that, imagine the smell. Being in the theater for most of a day with basement dwellers who consider the shower their form of kryptonite.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.