Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

NBC Thursday Lineup "Strikes Out" for Game 7 of the Playoffs (merged)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

NBC Thursday Lineup "Strikes Out" for Game 7 of the Playoffs (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-03, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
CBS lineup Thu 10/16 - possible reruns

Responding to what will no doubt be boffo Yanks/Sox ratings on FOX tonight....

CBS has shelved the planned all new episode of Without a Trace tonight at 10. Showing a repeat episode instead.

No official word on CSI, but given that they are not giving any episode or plot detail on their website, my guess is that CSI will be a repeat as well.

Looks like Survivor will still be an all-new episode.
Old 10-16-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You wouldn't really change Survivor because it's scheduled for the final episodes to be during sweeps, no? That, and the game will just be finishing the second inning by the time it's over...
Old 10-16-03, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
You wouldn't really change Survivor because it's scheduled for the final episodes to be during sweeps, no? That, and the game will just be finishing the second inning by the time it's over...

Yeah - I don't expect them to fiddle with Survivor here because of those reasons - they don't have wiggle room for it. Plus it has a strong female demo so baseball won't terribly hurt it.
Old 10-16-03, 11:09 AM

This is weird, it's spreading!

http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/255...110162003&ts=H

NBC Makes Programming Change For Thursday

POSTED: 8:36 a.m. PDT October 16, 2003
UPDATED: 8:39 a.m. PDT October 16, 2003

LOS ANGELES -- NBC's original "Must See Thursday" lineup will not be seen tonight due to a network decision.

NBC made the decision Wednesday morning to change its Wednesday night programming lineup. A new "West Wing" program was preempted and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" was scheduled in its place. Also, a new "Law & Order" episode was replaced by the 300th episode, which originally aired in May 2003.

The NBC network has also announced it will air encore episodes of your favorite NBC shows Thursday night. The lineup consists of:

8 p.m.: "Friends" 8:30 p.m.: Scrubs" 9 p.m.: "Will & Grace" 9:30 p.m.: "Whoopi" 10 p.m.: "E.R."

Watch NBC4 and refresh NBC4.TV for additional updates and information.

Chris
Old 10-16-03, 11:09 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NBC Thursday Lineup "Strikes Out" for Game 7 of the Playoffs

Just visited NBC.com and saw that Friends, Scrubs, Will & Grace & ER will be reruns tonight.

Friends: THE ONE WITH ROSS'S INAPPROPRIATE SONG
8pm 2003-10-16
TALE OF THE TAPE KNOCKS OUT CHANDLER -- When an insecure Chandler (Matttew Perry) drags Joey (Matt LeBlanc) along with him to secretly inspect an apartment put up for sale by his former romantic rival, Richard, the pair are aghast to discover an old videotape that possibly showcases Monica (Courteney Cox Arquette) in compromising positions. Elsewhere, Ross (David Schwimmer) accidentally discovers that singing the suggestive lyrics to "Baby Got Back" is the only way to get baby Emma to sleep but fears telling Rachel (Jennifer Aniston), and Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow) self-destructs when she tries to make a good impression at a dinner party hosted by the huffy parents of her new boyfriend Mike (guest star Paul Rudd, "The Cider House Rules"). TV-14

Scrubs: MY BIG BROTHER
8:32pm 2003-10-16
TOM CAVANAGH GUEST STARS IN A SPECIAL HALLOWEEN EPISODE -- J.D. (Zach Braff) gets a surprise visit from his ne'er-do-well brother Dan (guest star Tom Cavanagh, NBC's "Ed"), and becomes jealous when he and Elliot (Sarah Chalke) hit it off. Meanwhile, Turk (Donald Faison) feels guilty after betting Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) $20 that surgery would save a patient's life. Judy Reyes, Neil Flynn and Ken Jenkins also star. TV-14

Will & Grace: WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST
9pm 2003-10-16
DEMI MOORE AND ROSANNA ARQUETTE GUEST-STAR -- Jack (Sean Hayes) reconnects with his childhood babysitter (guest star Demi Moore, "A Few Good Men") and falls back into childhood patterns, befuddling Will (Eric McCormack). Meanwhile, Grace (Debra Messing) has a girl's night out in Brooklyn with Karen (Megan Mullally), Rosario (Shelley Morrison), Ellen (guest Leigh-Allyn Baker) and new neighbor Julie (guest star Rosanna Arquette) and offends Karen when she doesn't take her advice regarding Leo. TV-14

ER: THE ADVOCATE
9:59pm 2003-10-16
CAN DR. WEAVER FIND HER WAY OUT OF A DEEP ETHICAL WORMHOLE? -- Dr. Weaver (Laura Innes) finds herself in a deep hole when she bends the rules to treat the syphilitic lover of her powerful new patron -- Alderman Bright (guest star Bruce Weitz, "Hill Street Blues") -- but when the patient has a severe allergic reaction, she desperately tries to cover her tracks and compromises her ethics even further. In the meantime, Weaver's career continues to get a boost at the expense of a stubborn Dr. Romano (Paul McCrane) and Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) and Abby (Maura Tierney) reassess their relationship. Elsewhere: Dr. Kovac (Goran Visnjic) ruminates aloud on his star-crossed career path while he ministers to a rebellious teenaged girl who claims she was sexually abused at a boot camp for wayward youths, and Carter cares for a nasty middle-aged woman who's slowly being poisoned. Alex Kingston, Ming-Na, Sherry Stringfield and Sharif Atkins also star. TV-14
Old 10-16-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Chickenshits!
Old 10-16-03, 11:11 AM

See here http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=324223 for more info!

Chris
Old 10-16-03, 11:12 AM
Cool New Member

Whoops!

Sorry about that...missed the thread a few posts below. Bad newbie.
Old 10-16-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good job noticing your error! You can "edit" your first post, and choose to delete it, which will remove this thread if you want.

2 points for thread title.
Old 10-16-03, 11:15 AM

Re: Whoops!

Originally posted by oclavlib316
Sorry about that...missed the thread a few posts below. Bad newbie.
We both posted this at the exact same minute! But yours has more info. Just ask a mod to merge the 2 together. No reason to delete.

Chris
Old 10-16-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Whoops!

Originally posted by mrpayroll
We both posted this at the exact same minute! But yours has more info. Just ask a mod to merge the 2 together. No reason to delete.

Chris
Mr. Payroll:

There already is an NBC specific thread, with the replaced show guide data in it. It doesn't have to be merged with the CBS Thread:

NBC - http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=324185
CBS - http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=324217
Old 10-16-03, 11:41 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks Y2K Falcon! Long time reader but pretty much first-time poster. I have to say that reading DVDTalk's forums are always one of the highlights of my day. Looking forward to joining in more often.
Old 10-16-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth oclavlib316 •<HR SIZE=1>Thanks Y2K Falcon! Long time reader but pretty much first-time poster. I have to say that reading DVDTalk's forums are always one of the highlights of my day. Looking forward to joining in more often. <HR SIZE=1>

Welcome aboard! (bad pun not intended) By all means, join in!

das

P.S. R.E.M. fan?
Old 10-16-03, 12:02 PM
Cool New Member

Yes das, big R.E.M. fan! Just saw them a few weeks back at Jones Beach Ampitheater. Amazing doesn't even begin to describe the show.
Old 10-16-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=324185
Old 10-16-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...74#post4162774
Old 10-16-03, 04:55 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Chickenshits!

I hope CSI is a new episode!
Old 10-16-03, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by Geofferson

I hope CSI is a new episode!
I doubt it, it will still be going up against game 7! But I hope that I'm wrong!

Chris
Old 10-16-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
This is bollspit. I could care less about baseball, dammit. Go to hell, NBC, go to hell!
Old 10-16-03, 05:42 PM

I probably am wrong, since Zap2it still is listing this on their front page:

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
09:00 PM - CBS
Xander Berkeley, formerly of "24," has been getting a lot of work recently. He was on Wednesday's episode of "Karen Sisco," and now he's guest-starring as the new Vegas sheriff on tonight's "CSI." After a key piece of evidence in a murder trial is thrown out on a technicality, Sheriff Atwater (Berkeley) tries to scapegoat Warrick (Gary Dourdan) for the courtroom fiasco. Thankfully, the judge gives the CSI team a 24-hour (how appropriate) continuance to process some of the "unprocessed" evidence. The investigation, however, makes the team wonder if the guy on trial is really guilty after all.

Chris
Old 10-16-03, 06:11 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
More than likely they'll be hoping that the folks will only tune into the end of the game... and keep Survivor and CSI as counter-programming to the game.
Old 10-16-03, 06:36 PM

Nope, according to TV Guide Online, CSI is a repeat!

http://www.tvguide.com/news/entertainment/

MUST-FLEE TV: Due to tonight's final game of the American League Championship Series between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox, NBC has decided to scrap original episodes of Friends, Scrubs, Will & Grace and ER in favor of repeats.

Ditto for CBS, which is going with repeats of CSI and Without a Trace. (An original Survivor will air as planned.) Last night, NBC pulled a fast one on viewers when it swapped in second-run Law & Orders in place of original programming. In related news, go Yan..., er, team! Go team!

Chris
Old 10-16-03, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just tuned into CSI and its a repeat from last season.
Old 10-16-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Without a Trace is also a repeat (it has that annoying girl, Heather Donohue from The Blair Witch Project as the missing person)
Old 10-16-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The sucky thing is my DirecTivo taped these anyway (still had the old info).

Will this cause problems later when these episodes actually air? I know Tivo won't usually record the same episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.