Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Haden Christensen discusses the battle of battles...Skywalker vs OBI-WAN

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dark Horizons.com

Star Wars: Episode III: LatinoReview talked with Hayden Christensen for his upcoming film "Shattered Glass" and he commented on the final prequel which he wrapped filming the other month - "It still has to reach out to a specific audience, but it will be substantially darker than the previous films. I will say, on the record, the final fight sequence in this film will, in my opinion, and not having seen any of it cut together, should surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far. It’s the longest, I can’t give you specifics, but it is quite the bad-assed fight scene. Nick Gilliard has done an amazing job instilling an arc of story in the fight. It justifies, because you know Anakin and Obi-Wan have it out, but Anakin is the chosen one-he is supposed to be the best. But he comes out on the shorter end of the stick in the fight. It justifies it really nicely as the fight progresses". Thanks to 'Kellvin'.
Jason
Old 10-15-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No way is the battle between Vader and Obi gonna beat when they battled in ANH.. man, that was like Wirefu and flips and VROOOOOM VROOOM ZZZZITTTTTT and man.. that battle made me crap my pants. So no way will this battle between vader and obi compare with the ANH... yeah.

-Jack
Old 10-15-03, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

i'm not buying anything Lucas and company is selling..

[but, i'm still hoping..]
Old 10-16-03, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588

i'm not buying anything Lucas and company is selling..
I agree, I won't be impressed unless they come off of the screen into the theater and fight it out in front of me.
Old 10-16-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will this be an actual light saber battle or battle of acting talent?
Old 10-16-03, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by UAIOE
Will this be an actual light saber battle or battle of acting talent?
well, we already know who'll win that fight..
Old 10-16-03, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, either way my money would be on Obi-Wan.
Old 10-16-03, 03:22 AM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
YAWN
Old 10-16-03, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At least Obi-Wan doesn't have to split into 100 to take on this movie's "chosen one".
Old 10-16-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

" I will say, on the record, the final fight sequence in this film will, in my opinion, and not having seen any of it cut together, should surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far"

I cannot believe this at all, especially coming from the Lucas camp. I believe much the same thing was said about the end battle on Geonosis in Episode 2 and IMO the battle of Helm's Deep in LOTR:TTT was much better.

Peter Jackson said almost the same exact thing about the battles in ROTK, and considering the sources I'm more likely to believe PJ rather than Hayden Christenson.
Old 10-16-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, took less than 10 replies before someone brought in LOTR. Ok you guys, you know what happens next. Just go through the motions now.
Old 10-16-03, 10:52 AM

And only 9 replies for someone to trash the Matrix. Hey pixy, why dont you go see another movie. This one is obviously driving you nuts.
Old 10-16-03, 11:32 AM

I'll just pop in and trash Kill Bill for the trifecta.
Old 10-16-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Well, took less than 10 replies before someone brought in LOTR. Ok you guys, you know what happens next. Just go through the motions now.
I didn't intend my comments as a bash of Star Wars--I just meant that it seems like every week now someone is making the same claim about their movie and the only one that has lived up to it is Peter Jackson.
Old 10-16-03, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by PalmerJoss
I didn't intend my comments as a bash of Star Wars--I just meant that it seems like every week now someone is making the same claim about their movie and the only one that has lived up to it is Peter Jackson.
Personally, i don't think any movie has lived up to the hype. LOTR especially. I don't see Star Wars breaking the trend either, although it would be great if it does
Old 10-16-03, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
No way is the battle between Vader and Obi gonna beat when they battled in ANH.. man, that was like Wirefu and flips and VROOOOOM VROOOM ZZZZITTTTTT and man.. that battle made me crap my pants. So no way will this battle between vader and obi compare with the ANH... yeah.

-Jack
Old 10-16-03, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's not like he is going to say.

"This film may very well suck more than the previous two and wait until you see the very anti-climatic battle with Anakin and Obi-Wan. Boy, did it suck when we filmed that one! Boo-Yah, Star War Geeks!"
Old 10-17-03, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This thread is like a bunch of kids fighting on the playground. Come on guys.

I'm sure to end the film they will go all out. Shame it takes so much to impress folks these days.
Old 10-17-03, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
This thread is like a bunch of kids fighting on the playground. Come on guys.

I'm sure to end the film they will go all out. Shame it takes so much to impress folks these days.
I'm still hoping..

I don't think wanting a decent story with average acting isn't that much to ask for.

Instead we get a two hour excuse for George to play with his computers with ATOC..

"Impressive. Most impressive."
Old 10-17-03, 01:23 PM
Suspended

Who cares about the battle between Skywalker and OBI-WAN.

I'd rather see the big, big battle of OBI-WAN vs. Darth Vader!
Old 10-17-03, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Supposedly, this is how it'll go down:
HUGE Spoiler if it's true:

Spoiler:
Joshua Griffin
Title: Editor, TFN
Date Posted: 7:24am Subject: SPY REPORT: Darth Thursday?
In light of all of the confusion over Padme's death, Darth Friday sent me this stuff early - it'll go up on TFN main later today, so enjoy the JC exclusive:

Obi-Wan was sent to the new planet to "break up" a meeting of the Separatists at the location. Padme also has tracked down Anakin there. When she finds Anakin, he has already dispatched all the Seperatist leaders.

She is still not full term yet in her pregnancy. Anakin only believes she is pregnant with one child.

Anakin force-chokes Padme and throws her aside as Obi-Wan ignites his saber and the duel begins.

When the twins are born, it is not due to Padme going into labor, but out of necessity to rescue them from her before she passes.

The twins are born on a brand new never-before seen world.
Old 10-17-03, 07:39 PM

If that's true Kal Jedi, it makes no sense.

Spoiler:
Wasn't Leia raised in infancy by Padme? Luke and Leia discuss their memories of their parents in RotJ. That, and how is anyone going to sympathize with the Anakin character after he strangles and kills his pregnant wife?
Old 10-18-03, 02:27 AM
TCG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kcbrett5
And only 9 replies for someone to trash the Matrix. Hey pixy, why dont you go see another movie. This one is obviously driving you nuts.
I'll second this. it only took him a few posts to compare the two.

"wow, they both have fight scenes, so obviously TMR is worse. it's obvious. isnt it?"

thanks for the great input pixy.
Old 10-19-03, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
YAWN!!!! Same old bullshit Star Wars thread gone to hell.

I cannot believe this at all, especially coming from the Lucas camp. I believe much the same thing was said about the end battle on Geonosis in Episode 2 and IMO the battle of Helm's Deep in LOTR:TTT was much better.
If you bothered to read the damn article, you'd know it didn't come from the Lucas camp. It came from Hayden Christensen. As for the fight, he didn't say it would be the best battle sequence. It was obvious he was talking about sword fights.

Last edited by Terrell; 10-19-03 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-19-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah but I heard that new Ben Affleck movie, "Gigli", really sucks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.