Reload this Page >

Smallville 10-15-03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 10-15-03

Old 10-15-03, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville 10-15-03

Personally I did not like this episode. What happened to everything from the last episode? Like Lana killing that guy how did they explain that away?
Plus
Spoiler:
Clark in this episode was shot and did not have any broozes after taking off the lead? Lana must be awfully dumb

the guest villian was JESSE METCALFE who plays
Miguel Lopez-Fitgerald on the NBC Soap Opera Passions
http://www.nbc.com/Passions/bios/Jesse_Metcalfe.html
Old 10-15-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they talked about killing people and still no mention of last week's killing.

every episode ends the same way. the writer's need to be more creative
Old 10-15-03, 09:54 PM

will they be re-airing this anytime? I missed it because of work....
Old 10-15-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
so kryptonite can melt from the heat of a normal fire
and it must be extremely soft if lead stopped it. Would have been better if he had also stolen body armor from the cop car and put the lead under it.
and I have to post about the misuse of the word clip. that gun used magazines, not clips
Old 10-15-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
Spoiler:

Funny how Lana & Co. are able to remember old kryto villians from two seasons ago but are quick to forget about actual killings that may have occurred within a couple of days.

Also, I think it is safe to say that Lana KNOWS that Clark ain't no regular farmboy.

- She learns that Clark was able to catch bullet with his bare hands...(even though she didn't see it).

- She saw Clark walk into a barrage of bullets like he was made of "steel" and then back to farming next day. Yes, I know he was wearing that "Tin-Foil Lookin" Lead Vest, but I'm sure taking that many hits would at least put a normal person in the hospital. I mean...the man didn't even twitch when she touched him.

But, I'm sure the next episode will ignore these aspects and start clean slate.

Old 10-15-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Not quite sure what to make of this episode in which Clark's powers are on display to far too many people. At least Van didn't die after finding out about Clark's powers, though having him commit to a looney bin was a convenient out for the time being.

I think Pete had about 3 minutes of shares screen time.

Chloe is so in over her head with her deal with the devil, er, Lionel.

I did find it amusing they (the writers) have Lex convinced that he's got special powers in terms of heighten immune system, wonder how they'll be explaining his super-duper white blood cell count.

Clark really needs to just spill the beans to Lana because you can only drag this part of secret out for so long before insulting the viewers' intelligence. I know they couch Clark's reservation to share his secret with the fact that Lana's sole source of heartache was when the meteors killed her parents, and that Clark is indirectly responsible for this tragedy in Lana's life, and is the motivating factor for his reticence. But sometimes, you just gotta trust the people that care about you, and give them some space to digest such revelations once it finally happens.
Old 10-15-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Clark really needs to just spill the beans to Lana because you can only drag this part of secret out for so long before insulting the viewers' intelligence.
Yea, I agreed..
Old 10-15-03, 11:12 PM

Heh, full circle... Lex is working for his dad again, Clark is back working for the school paper. Hell, even Chloe tried to undo the deal she made with Luthor.

This show needs to grow some balls and start moving things forward. We're always left in this perpetual state of affairs. And as demonstrated in the past three episodes, the writers are always at work trying to keep it that way.

Let Chloe and Lana learn Clark's secret for God sake. Lana and Pete know in the comic... might as well throw Chloe in for good measure. Both of them have such high suspicions about Clark already that they probably won't blink when told. Lana admitted to Clark's face that she wouldn't be bothered. I guess we're one step closer... until they hit the reset button again.

Tonight's episode even backs up why Clark's friends should know about his powers. Everyone in the town seems oblivious to the high number of insane homicidal kryptonite freaks, including the law (ala Buffy). Everyone except Clark's friends (and the Luthors). Its not so strange that Clark would have incredible powers. The fact that he isn't insane would be an added bonus.

Smallville has already stolen so much from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. they might as well further emulate it by letting Clark's inner circle of friends in on his secret.

Of course, I do see a dilemma... Clark should go ahead and tell Lex about his powers by the same reasoning above. That's out of the question though, which is sad since it forces the show to make Lex look like an idiot most of the time.
Old 10-16-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Chloe is so in over her head with her deal with the devil, er, Lionel.

Clark really needs to just spill the beans to Lana because you can only drag this part of secret out for so long before insulting the viewers' intelligence. I know they couch Clark's reservation to share his secret with the fact that Lana's sole source of heartache was when the meteors killed her parents, and that Clark is indirectly responsible for this tragedy in Lana's life, and is the motivating factor for his reticence. But sometimes, you just gotta trust the people that care about you, and give them some space to digest such revelations once it finally happens.
I think Chloe is starting to realize that she is in way over her head...

I was thinking the same thing about Clark tonight - it's time for him to tell her, even though she should have just figured out some of it already, like tonight when she was talking about him being bulletproof - "it explains so much". I like her a lot, but I wish she would get a little more of a clue. But damn, Clark needs to tell her and move on from there. I like Lana even more now that she can hold her own.
Old 10-16-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
so kryptonite can melt from the heat of a normal fire
and it must be extremely soft if lead stopped it. Would have been better if he had also stolen body armor from the cop car and put the lead under it.
and I have to post about the misuse of the word clip. that gun used magazines, not clips
I thought that the layer of lead basically kept the effects of the kryptonite at bay, and the fact that Clark is super dense is what prevented him from incurring any damage to himself.

I know that the writers take major leeway with some things, but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows.
Old 10-16-03, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Astro
Smallville has already stolen so much from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.. they might as well further emulate it by letting Clark's inner circle of friends in on his secret.
Hey, stealing from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a GOOD thing. In fact, they should steal more. Like perpetuating storylines. It seems like at the end of every episode they always have to wrap things up with a tidy little bow. Nobody ever grows. Everyone's darkside appears only for one episode until something happens to "cure" them and the darkside subsides. We know the characters now, it's time to let them do some growing and changing. Screw what's "supposed" to happen in the Superman story. Break the rules a little and take some chances!
Old 10-16-03, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lex said he has never been sick, but didnt he have Malaria on the Island?

You got to love the subtle product placements:

"This place needs some Lemon scented Pledge"

"I took my Volkswagon Bug to the mechanic"
Old 10-16-03, 04:38 AM

Originally posted by madcougar
...the fact that Clark is super dense
You've got that right!
Old 10-16-03, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought that the layer of lead basically kept the effects of the kryptonite at bay, and the fact that Clark is super dense is what prevented him from incurring any damage to himself.
That's certainly the way I took it. Not that Superman-The Movie is the definitive source of lore, but Lex's lead box shielded the kryptonite so Supes could not only not see it, but not feel it. It wasn't until the box was opened that the effects were felt. I guess I don't remember a specific comic reference off-hand though.
Old 10-16-03, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

what about:

"I didn't expect him to go 'Swim fan' on you" or something like that.

there was also a reference to some current event by Chloe but I don't remember it now
Old 10-16-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

you can only drag this part of secret out for so long before insulting the viewers' intelligence.
Um, too late for that.

I can't believe they not only stole the plot from Unbreakable, they actually stole the same scene (Bruce Willis / Lex asking his wife / dad if he'd ever been sick).

No one is expecting the show to be realistic, but it isn't too much to ask them to abide by a certain set of parameters. Everything that happened on Buffy was unrealistic, but they stuck to the rules they had set up. Smallville creates and discards storylines and motivations like they're going out of style.

Nice job on the Talon scene where Lana and Chloe remind the audience they've been attacked a combined 7 times over the past 2 years, yet aren't any worse for wear. Shouldn't Lana be in some therapy at this point?
Old 10-16-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

and for next week, whats so special about having "music from REM?" it almost seemed like they were bragging about this.
Old 10-16-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
doh
I wasn't thinking.

I know that the writers take major leeway with some things, but this is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows.
Old 10-16-03, 11:32 AM

This is what they were banking on but it doen't (shouldn't) work that way. Kryptonite's radiation is what is so damaging to Clark and lead prevents the passage of kryptonie radiation. BUT...a kryptonite bullet will be able to penetrate a flimsy piece of lead just like any other bullet.
Old 10-16-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts
Originally posted by elias
This is what they were banking on but it doen't (shouldn't) work that way. Kryptonite's radiation is what is so damaging to Clark and lead prevents the passage of kryptonie radiation. BUT...a kryptonite bullet will be able to penetrate a flimsy piece of lead just like any other bullet.
Yes and no.. I'm still waiting for the day he runs at super speed and wonders why his jacket keeps fraying. From the Byrne re-start, doesn't Supes have a protective aura which is why most times his suit is near perfect condition but his cape is tattered? I assume that aura surrounded the lead and prevented the impact from harming Clark.

And with the questioning of never being sick, maybe Lex will think he's a clone of Lionel?
Old 10-16-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode almost felt like a monster of the week throwback to season one, and I kind of liked it.

I do wish that Clark would have admitted his secret to Lana once and all,l she said it would be alright. Doesn't Chloe and Pete already know the secret?
Old 10-16-03, 02:05 PM

Clark really needs to just spill the beans to Lana because you can only drag this part of secret out for so long before insulting the viewers' intelligence.
I know what you mean! Hey, they only took about 4-5 , some odd, decades before they told Lois Lane in the comics! What ever are they WAITING for! :P
Old 10-16-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Smallville has already stolen so much from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
This asinine accusation needs to stop. Since when is Buffy the arbiter of all that's original? Half of the shit in Buffy has been done many times before.
Old 10-16-03, 02:30 PM

This asinine accusation needs to stop. Since when is Buffy the arbiter of all that's original? Half of the shit in Buffy has been done many times before.
A small group of high school students led by a super powered teenager fight monsters week to week, unbeknownst to the world around them.

Right, which series am I talking about? At least Buffy embraced the idea of their similarities to the Scooby gang by adopting the name.

Being like Buffy is a good thing, and if they adopted a few more aspects from the Buffyverse the show would be a lot better. I'd like to see a "Big Bad" emerge on Smallville each season. A villain (preferably with superpowers) that Clark must defeat over the course of the season would be great. Another thing... hand Clark a ski mask and bingo, he can fight in broad daylight with people around. Clark has already robbed a bank(s) doing this... why not have him do something good while hiding his identity to get the superhero aspect started.
Old 10-16-03, 03:07 PM

http://www.gigmatrix.com/screen/scre...allville.shtml

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.