Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

My DVD Order ($423) Disaster !!! (digitaleyes)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

My DVD Order ($423) Disaster !!! (digitaleyes)

Old 10-15-03, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My DVD Order ($423) Disaster !!!

Place an order of about 20 dvd (mostly Criterion) worth $423 at digitaleyes on 8/20.

Still haven't got them as of today. Send numerous emails to them but what their replies are " Are your shipping address correct ? " "We already ship it to you on 4/10"

Promised in one email to re-ship in Sept but their next email said their distribution centre encounter some problems and will be delayed.

As of today I got nothing from them, no dvd, no refund, not even the re-shipment date !
Old 10-15-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just read on another board about someone having similar issues. They shipped a month or so ago and have yet to see their 3 shipments. They are in the UK, but it shouldn't take that long
Old 10-15-03, 11:20 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: My DVD Order ($423) Disaster !!!

Originally posted by kenho
Place an order of about 20 dvd (mostly Criterion) worth $423 at digitaleyes on 8/20.

Still haven't got them as of today. Send numerous emails to them but what their replies are " Are your shipping address correct ? " "We already ship it to you on 4/10"

Promised in one email to re-ship in Sept but their next email said their distribution centre encounter some problems and will be delayed.

As of today I got nothing from them, no dvd, no refund, not even the re-shipment date !
You ordered on 8/20 and they shipped 4 months before you placed the order? That's probably your problem. :P

Seriously, that's a bummer, place a big order, excited to see everything come in, then the shipment vanishes into thin air. Maybe your dvds are all auctioned off by now. Hope DigitalEyes takes care of you.
Old 10-15-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
As you are probably aware, in Europe they typically show the date as Day-Month-Year (rather than the US Month-Day-Year), so if they Shipped it from the UK on Oct 4, it's entirely possible it is still in transit. Give it at least another week. If you used a credit card, you are protected because you can always dispute the charge if you never receive anything.
Old 10-15-03, 12:25 PM

Re: My DVD Order ($423) Disaster !!!

Please send me an e-mail directly so I can help you with this issue.

Thanks,

Mark
[email protected]
Old 10-15-03, 01:06 PM

I'm having problems with them as well, I made an order, never got any confirmation emails on it and it didn't show up online under my account. I emailed them, got a vauge "we'll ship it in a few days", emailed them again after about a week and haven't gotten a reply.

Usually have great service with this site, so this is really dissapoitning.
Old 10-15-03, 01:35 PM

Originally posted by SideShow
I'm having problems with them as well, I made an order, never got any confirmation emails on it and it didn't show up online under my account. I emailed them, got a vauge "we'll ship it in a few days", emailed them again after about a week and haven't gotten a reply.

Usually have great service with this site, so this is really dissapoitning.
Please send me an e-mail and I will help you out.

Thanks,

Mark
[email protected]
Old 10-15-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow you really couldn't ask for better customer service than that huh? Let us know how this all turns out so Digital Eyes doesn't get an undeserved bad rep.
Old 10-15-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've had very good luck with Digital Eyes, so I'm sure Mark will figure out the problem, whatever it may be.
Old 10-15-03, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes...thought i'd chime in and say how refreshing that e-tailers are prepared to come onto a public forum in an effort to resolve peoples problems etc.
I think it's safe to say that Kenho will hopefully get his situation rectified by such an action and hopefully for his sake rather soon.

Last edited by RichDB10; 10-15-03 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-15-03, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe the guy delivering the DVDs so all those horrid Criterions and tossed them away
Old 10-15-03, 05:56 PM
Banned

I think the postman doesn't like black bars. Maybe he thought he was being a good postman.
Old 10-15-03, 06:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving to Store Forum.
Old 10-15-03, 11:45 PM
Banned

In the usa I would call my consumer protection agency and get my local congressman on the phone and maybe the district attorney. Not sure what you can do where your at. You can allways file fraud charges on them in small claims court and sue their asses.
Old 10-16-03, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by puddytay
In the usa I would call my consumer protection agency and get my local congressman on the phone and maybe the district attorney. Not sure what you can do where your at. You can allways file fraud charges on them in small claims court and sue their asses.
Or you could email Mark and have him straighten it out.
Old 10-16-03, 10:27 AM

Re: Re: My DVD Order ($423) Disaster !!!

"We already ship it to you on 4/10"

Yes, they've ship it to me but that's my previous order placed on April.

No reply from Mark yet !
Old 10-16-03, 10:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: My DVD Order ($423) Disaster !!!

"We already ship it to you on 4/10"

Yes, they've ship it to me but that's my previous order placed on April.

No reply from Mark yet !
I received your less than 2 hours ago. I am working on resolving the problem. Please give me a little time.

Thanks,

Mark
Old 10-16-03, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nekobus
Or you could email Mark and have him straighten it out.
Why do that? Isn't it better to go through the stress and aggravation of going to court vs a simple e-mail to straighten things out?
Old 10-16-03, 10:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by namlook
Why do that? Isn't it better to go through the stress and aggravation of going to court vs a simple e-mail to straighten things out?
Certainly makes it more entertaining for us here.
Old 10-17-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by namlook

Yeah, it seems that a lot of people in our society would rather just start yelling and skip to the last step.
Old 11-05-03, 09:49 AM

Finally got my original order on 10/29, 2 months from the order date.

It is strange that from postal marks, the parcel is shipped from Switzerland not direct from US.

Mark did re-ship my order (before I get my original) and promise no charges.

To my surprise, they still charge $423 to my Visa card (although they refund the same amount first)

But debiting and crediting $423 to my Visa card cause me money loss (in my country currency) due to different exchange rate my bank charged.

I got the dvd now. But why I have to pay an additional amount (about US$15) for the mistakes digitaleyes made.

I've sent Mark my complaint but no reply from him yet.
Old 11-05-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well, that's the economy. i think it sounds like mark did right by you. he has no control over currency exchange rates.
Old 11-05-03, 10:06 AM

Finally got my original order on 10/29, 2 months from the order date.

It is strange that from postal marks, the parcel is shipped from Switzerland not direct from US.

Mark did re-ship my order (before I get my original) and promise no charges.

To my surprise, they still charge $423 to my Visa card (although they refund the same amount first)

But debiting and crediting $423 to my Visa card cause me money loss (in my country currency) due to different exchange rate my bank charged.

I got the dvd now. But why I have to pay an additional amount (about US$15) for the mistakes digitaleyes made.

I've sent Mark my complaint but no reply from him yet.
Ken,

Thanks so much for the post. My computer does acknowledge that you sent me e-mail at 5:45 AM and unfortunately I was still sleeping and unable to respond promptly to your query. If you check your e-mail you will find that I have responded to your message and let you know that we will be crediting you the $15.

As for the shipping through Switzerland, there is an explanation for this. When you ship high volumes of international mail it is often economical to use a freight consolidator. They fly the mail to different entry ports (Switzerland is one) and the parcels are then inserted into the international postal stream. I can assure you that the order was packaged in our warehouse in Illinois.

I am very sorry that the postal system was slow on your air mail delivery. We simply shipped the package via the method you requested. There is no guaranteed delivery time on air mail packages and this is stated on our site.

I do hope this clears things up. Once again, please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your e-mail.

Mark
Old 11-06-03, 09:33 AM

When one of my favorite stores comes up in a title like "... disaster ...", I have to read it. To be frank, I am not impressed by any of the complaints. It more seems more that forum is being used as a bullhorn than for a fair discussion of any issues. These guys are the gods of the new/used dvd business. Everything I have ever ordered from them has been well-packaged, in mint condition and priced like a want (cheap!!!). Including my latest score of Flash Gordon.
Anyhoo, just my two cents (and whole-hearted recc.),
B.
Old 11-06-03, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by Baytroll
When one of my favorite stores comes up in a title like "... disaster ...", I have to read it. To be frank, I am not impressed by any of the complaints. It more seems more that forum is being used as a bullhorn than for a fair discussion of any issues. These guys are the gods of the new/used dvd business. Everything I have ever ordered from them has been well-packaged, in mint condition and priced like a want (cheap!!!). Including my latest score of Flash Gordon.
Anyhoo, just my two cents (and whole-hearted recc.),
B.
Thanks so much for the nice comments.

Mark