Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Station Agent(and its national release)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just caught a preview for this and have to say it looks very good. I noticed it got a limited release a few weeks back and i didn't know if anyone had info on whether or not it is getting a national release. We had the trailer on the new Denzel film at the theater i work for so i was hoping it was.
If anyone has seen it, opinions would be appreciated.
Old 10-15-03, 10:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
It's one of those movies where the initial Sundance audience reaction and award is justified. It's an odd premise for a movie, but as you watch it, you realize that the movie speaks true to anyone who is lonely and how and when interaction is important in one's life. The acting is top notch and very naturalistic and the story's strength relys on the writing which roughly translates to the film being a heavy dialogue based film, which may or might play out with some viewers. It's a movie where there is a certain sadness and desperation that the central characters emulate but importantly the film depicts the basic foundation and needs of adult friendship. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Giles; 10-15-03 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-15-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved it. Terrific performances by all.
The rare independent movie that has the indie spirit and actually is good.
Old 10-16-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't wait to see it. The trailer just makes it look all the more enticing. I hope this movie comes to my local theatre, otherwise I fear I may have to wait for the dvd release.
Old 10-17-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm praying we get it, but if not the one theater that is probably the only thing you could really call an arthouse theater in Louisville(it isn't really but it does get 3 or 4 films like that a month)will get it. Not that i usually have time to get down there. I'm really looking forward to seeing it.