Smallville Season 2 DVD???????

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-03, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so I just finished the season one box set of Smallville, and can't wait for season two. Anybody hear when season two will be released? I don't have a WB affiliate and I can't wait for it since it ended on a cliffhanger.
Old 10-14-03, 04:31 AM

Probably this time next year.
Old 10-14-03, 10:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I read in the recent Smallville #4 comic that season two is due to release just prior to the season premier of season four, so it looks like these DVD sets are going to come out as frequently as The Sopranos do. It was also mentioned that Smallville will likely have a season five. Originally there were only going to be four seasons. I imagine after season five starts airing, we may see a more-frequent DVD release schedule than annually.

Last edited by lumberjack; 10-15-03 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-15-03, 12:05 AM

Well, talk about a long time to wait for the conclusion of a cliffhanger. I was hoping they would release the sets about the same rate as the Babylon 5 DVDs. I hope the set sold well so we'll see more. It's a great show that I bought blind.
Old 10-18-03, 06:32 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This stinks I can't wait a whole year at this rate I will never catch up. At least I won't have to wait that long for Alias season 2.
I want Smallville season 2 now :-(
Old 10-18-03, 07:13 PM

If you are only on season one and you already love it, buckle-up, because season three is to season one what seasoned salt is to the Colonels 11 herbs and spices!
'tis the season!
Old 10-18-03, 10:33 PM

I talked to an owner of a DVD site at (http://www.dvdworldonline.com)
Its where I bought my set, the owner said that Warner is happy with the results of season 1 and they plan to release Season 2 in early 2004. I don't know how much of it is true.
Old 10-19-03, 11:46 PM

I hope it comes out in early 2004...that would be great...I don't want to wait another year either....
Old 02-10-04, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump, any info?
Old 02-10-04, 12:30 PM

just to make it worse......season 2 was far better then season 1. once they got jeph loeb working on the show, it has done nothing but get better and better.

i can't wait till season 2 comes out myself.
Old 02-10-04, 01:37 PM

This was at Kryptonsite :

KRYPTONSITE EXCLUSIVE!
Smallville Season 2 DVD Special Features!
KryptonSite is happy to announce to you that we have received word from a very reliable source of what many of the special features for the Smallville Season 2 DVD set will be.

The current plan, we hear, is for the DVD set to come around the time of the third season finale in May, although no date has been announced as of yet. But, feast your eyes on some of the things that we can look forward to:

Commentaries on two episodes: "Red" with two commentary tracks - Al Gough, Miles Millar, and writer Jeph Loeb OR series stars Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, and Michael Rosenbaum with co-executive producer Greg Beeman; and "Rosetta" with commentary by Al Gough and Miles Millar, OR series stars Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, and Michael Rosenbaum, with directors Greg Beeman and James Marshall!
The COMPLETE series of "Chloe Chronicles" "webisodes" starring Allison Mack as Chloe Sullivan
Gag reel
Deleted scenes
Two special featurettes - one focusing on the magic behind Smallville's visual effects, and another focusing on a monumental event in Smallville history ("Rosetta," perhaps?)
We're also told that an "and more" can be added to that. Needless to say, it looks like May will be a very good month!
Old 02-10-04, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good, just in time for my birthday. I wonder/hope they release the third season before season 4 starts.
Old 02-10-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is excellent news, I missed season 2, but have seen every other ep and have been dying to catch up on Seas 2