Reload this Page >

The Practice 10/12/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Practice 10/12/03

Old 10-13-03, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Practice 10/12/03

So Alan gets in hot water by revealing what Eleanor told him about her case (with the sociopathic creep of a father who let his daughter take the rap for killing his pregnant wife, her mom), and Eugene makes an impassioned plea on Alan's behalf (probably gritting his teeth the entire time). Alan does get off with a slap on the wrist.

Sharon Stone's character take on a divorce case with some marital infidelity twists and turns, and ends with what appears to be a double homicide. Now, what we, the viewers, don't know if whether the victims are his wife and best friend (who was cheating with his wife for 6 years, and the wife claimed that the best friend was the real father of their 2 children), or the victims were his 2 children.
Old 10-13-03, 12:30 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Kudos to ABC for giving away the ending in their previews. As soon as the guy walked in talking about his wife cheating you knew he was going to kill someone.

I didn't think about it being the children but you could be right. I assumed since "peppermint twist" was playing in the background it was the wife and bf since that was playing when he waslked in on them the first time.

It's a shame they didn't get rid of Bobby earlier and replace him with Alan. His response to the board ?'s were great. It reminded me of Peter's meetings with "The Bob's" in Office Space.

Rhona Mitra
Old 10-13-03, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,027 Likes on 4,115 Posts
I keep saying this every week : James spader is saving that show. I have a VERY hard time believing he would be allowed to continue working at that firm, but damn, he's fun to watch.

"I'm not sleeping with you, Alan."
"Fine. Did you bring any friends?"

I like that David Kelly has been given the green light for these broad story arcs and A-list guests since he's churning out a pretty entertaining series as a result (and I doubt I could have imagined that last year).
Old 10-14-03, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
Rhona Mitra
No doubt. She's actually even sexier w/ that (I believe natural) accent. I loved her on the excellent Gideon's Crossing, and I have missed her much these last couple of years.