Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody like Ozomatli?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Anybody like Ozomatli?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-03, 02:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody like Ozomatli?

I just realized I missed Ozomatli play right near me, but it was part of the "Nokia Unwired Tour" so I didn't miss a full Ozo show. but just curious as to whether or not other people are into this band? I'm about to pick up the new EP they released, but their albums are pretty good...with the self-titled disc being better than Embrace the Chaos. thoughts?

or, anybody know how long sets were on the Nokia tour? hope i didn't miss anything big
Old 10-13-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I really like their self-titled disc a lot, but honestly haven't followed them after that. I'd heard that Charlie 2na and Cut Chemist left and, with that, so did a good chunk of my interest. How is their later material?
Old 10-13-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like their first album a lot, but Embrace the Chaos (their sophomore disc) isn't all that great. The loss of Cut Chemist and Chali 2na couldn't be compensated for, but they tried with too many special guests...not really interested in 'em anymore.
Old 10-14-03, 01:23 PM

I have 2 of their albums, of which I like the earlier one better. My favorite song of theirs is Aqui No Sera. Also you may want to check out Orishas (quite similar). Any word on where the two ex- members went?
Old 10-14-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by saoirse
Any word on where the two ex- members went?
Ozomatli was just a side project for Cut Chemist and Charlie 2na. They are members of the hip-hop group Jurassic 5 - really great stuff.
Old 10-14-03, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by DJLinus
Ozomatli was just a side project for Cut Chemist and Charlie 2na. They are members of the hip-hop group Jurassic 5 - really great stuff.
Oh OK, I never knew that. I knew there was a connection, but not the specifics. Thanks.
Old 10-15-03, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ozomatli was not a "side project" for Cut Chemist and 2na, it was more like an extended guest appearance on the debut album.
Old 10-15-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Aghama
Ozomatli was not a "side project" for Cut Chemist and 2na, it was more like an extended guest appearance on the debut album.
Maybe "side project" was the wrong term. I just know that Ozomatli wasn't their main concern.
Old 11-06-03, 12:53 AM
Banned

Anybody know where to find live Ozomatli?