Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Miss Match 10/10/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-03, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Miss Match 10/10/03

A new time slot and tanking ratings hasn't stopped the show so far - but I think the vultures are swarming.

Nice to see Charisma Carpenter back on TV though she essentially played Cordelia in this episode (can we say typecast)

The chiropracter was just funny. The camera work turned the whole body adjustment into a sexual experience.

Crush guy is still hot and the writers are moving closer and closer to hooking him up with Kate (yes I do know the character's name but I'm sticking with crush boy).

What'd you guys think?
Old 10-11-03, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really enjoyed this episode and I love this show!!! It is such a treatto watch and thehour just flies by. I hope it did better in the ratings.

I was having a big DVD Talk at the chiropractor character named Dr. Dean. Doesn't he post here?

Charisma Carpenter was looking good-- she's obviously lost all her baby weight, except for her boobies. Yowza! To paraphrase a line from last night's episode: "From one straight woman to another-- you gotta see Charisma Carpenter's boobies!"

Old 10-11-03, 09:44 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I like this show. I thought the little twist/trist with the 'Hot Nanny' was fun.

"Can we still go on the trip [to Tuscany]?"

Kate is nodoubtly going to hook up with "Crush Boy", but it'll be awhile...

I still can't get over how Alicia talks, those lips have a mind of their own.
Old 10-11-03, 11:30 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Charsima looked great. Glad she's growing her hair back out instead of keeping that horrible look she had on Angel the past few seasons.

Since they're not going to use her on Angel anytime soon I hope they bring her back.

Dr. Dean was funny. I liked it when e was yelling at the ortho doc.
Old 10-11-03, 12:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Yikes!

It actaully did a little worse in it's new slot according to zap2it.

At 9 p.m., FOX stayed in first place and CBS held up second with "JAG," 7.3/13. ABC was third with "Hope & Faith," 6.0/10, and "Life with Bonnie," 4.8/8. NBC's newly located "Miss Match" did marginally worse at 9 p.m. than it has been at 8 with a 4.2/7.
Old 10-11-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ouch looks like NBC can't win for losing on this one. Maybe if they moved it to a different night, we wouldn't have these problems though I honestly don't know where they could put it.
Old 10-11-03, 04:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Alicia's facial expressions remind anyone of a younger Meg Ryan?
Old 10-11-03, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great to see Charisma again, and wow, was she ever top heavy. I really like this show, and hope that it continues on...
Old 10-11-03, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
In spite of the fact that I liked some of the elements (CC, the hot nanny story)), I thought last night's show was pretty dull and not as good as the first two. The matchmaking is already getting kind of routine and boring to me. Couple that with the ratings and I see a death spiral.
Old 10-12-03, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
Charisma Carpenter was looking good-- she's obviously lost all her baby weight, except for her boobies. Yowza! To paraphrase a line from last night's episode: "From one straight woman to another-- you gotta see Charisma Carpenter's boobies!"

I thought she went the implants and gain ten pounds route as I am not a fan of hers and didn't know the personal details (haven't liked her since the first time I saw her on Malibu Shores on through everything else I have seen she has been in).
Old 10-12-03, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was the first episode I was able to catch, the prior two (2) I had to record since it was on at the same time as Joan of Arcadia. And I must say... ouch. I had high hopes for this show, but I mean I wont sit through a whole season waiting for Kate to hook up with Chrasima's date. Ill watch the first two (2) shows tonight, but this third one really didnt help matters.
Old 10-13-03, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I really liked this episode. It's too bad that they're moving it to a different timeslot, though, because it's going to be up against Boston Public--which I've watched from the very beginning and still enjoy.

Hopefully my computer will stock acting up and I'll be able to record this show on my computer while I record BP on my VCR.

Charisma Carpenter was indeed looking hot. I concur with the boobage comments made by everybody else.

Somebody from NBC must be a DVDTalk member or know our member, Dr. Dean, who is also a chiropractor. I thought that was cool. The scene where he was re-aligning Kate the first time was funny.

It was also funny seeing everybody's reactions to the hot nanny, especially the UPS delivery woman dropping the pencil from her mouth.

It was cool seeing Caitlin Mowrey from City Guys. She was the birthday girl. Yeah, I used to watch all those TNBC shows, shut up.

Because of lisadoris, I totally don't remember crush guy's character's name and have resorted to calling him crush guy.

Old 10-13-03, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Because of lisadoris, I totally don't remember crush guy's character's name and have resorted to calling him crush guy.

The character's name is Michael but I just think crush guy sounds so much better.
Old 10-13-03, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Charisma's had implants for quite a while, had them back when she was on Buffy. She appears to not have lost all of the weight from her child-bearing stint this year. But she played the snippity role rather well.

The show is like watching "Clueless: the adult years" for me, and that's not all that bad. Victoria is still the find on the show. So far, it's still a guilty pleasure for me.

Last edited by Patman; 10-13-03 at 07:49 AM.