Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dawn of the Dead choices

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Dawn of the Dead choices

Old 09-24-03, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dawn of the Dead choices

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get some opinions before I made my purchase. Theres two versions of the film Im looking at getting. The Dutch 2 Disc edition that features the alternate Argento cut of the film on the second disc. And then the UK Director's Cut that features a commentrack with Tom Savini. Which one is the one to get?

Thanx.
Old 09-24-03, 10:25 PM

You do know there is a super duper ultra deluxe R1 Anchor Bay version early next year, right?
Old 09-24-03, 11:04 PM

Yes I do, but I don't want to wait for that release.
Old 09-25-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't there also a decent(not great but better than the U.S.) R1 canadian version(either that or R0 korean) as well. The store i go to has copies of that as well as "The Hole", "Mulholland Drive", "The Pianist", and "Le Pacte des loups(hope i spelled that right)" with stickers that say Import, extras not on the U.S. discs I'm pretty sure Mulholland Drive is a korean disc but i'm not sure about the others.
Old 09-25-03, 12:41 PM

The UK Tom Savini commentary version is the best version for the commentary alone, its the best commentary ever!

I have also got the Dutch version too its nice as well, lots to see on it.

Just get them both, and the new version next year the films worth it.
Old 09-25-03, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,073 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Originally posted by paradicelost
Isn't there also a decent(not great but better than the U.S.) R1 canadian version(either that or R0 korean) as well.
Maybe there is a Korean release, but Canada has the same Anchor Bay releases of the title that the US has.
Old 09-25-03, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

there IS a Korean release, but i think the package states that it is full-frame only. the front design is the same as the OOP anchor bay version.
Old 09-25-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked at it today,and it has Asian writing on the back. I think it is a Korean release*(i know there is a big difference between korean and the other Asian languages but i'm completely ignorant when it comes to that. i'll bring that up just in case someone is over PC here and wants to get mad at me), but i didn't have time to look in detail to see if it was Korean or a regionfree Hong Kong release. I'm thinking about paying the 25 for it just to see exactly what the extras are, since they don't state them in english on the case.

Last edited by paradicelost; 09-25-03 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-28-03, 12:19 PM
Cool New Member

i have the dutch 2 disc set which i really like and i think its a nice release. i never knew about that tom savini comment before tho.
hmm, i guess i have to get the anchor bay one next year too

i wanted to get that anyways ;P
Old 09-28-03, 12:36 PM

The Tom Savini commentary is farr better than the recent Day of the Dead release, its a pity Tom doesnt do more commentarys, but unlike AB Day of the Dead, have less people in the commentary box as too many comentators really do spoil it. Theres only 2 people on the UK dvd commentary, Tom and his buddie, recorded in Toms bedroom! wonderfull stuff!