Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

XM Radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-03, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Radio

Does anyone else listen to XM radio??? I have had it for over a year and i have loved every second of it. The comedy channel keeps me entertained for hours on my road trips. The raw rap station is great also.
Old 09-21-03, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm with you Baller23. My cd player has been pretty loney since I got my XM radio. I would recommend satellite radio to anyone who has to spend more than a minimal amount of time in their cars.
Old 09-21-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
XM threads like this pop up all the time on dvdtalk.

try "search"
Old 09-21-03, 09:39 PM

I have it and love it. I usually listen to Ethyl and Fred.
Old 09-22-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Giantrobo
XM threads like this pop up all the time on dvdtalk.

try "search"
Meow. To be fair, a search for XM will get you nowhere as it is two letters shy of a minimum length. Try "satellite radio" perhaps.
Old 09-23-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

try going to www.clubxm.com or the more popular www.xmfan.com for more people like us...
Old 09-24-03, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love the wanna-be moderators who post only to tell people that they posted their topics in the wrong thread or they need to learn how to use "search" (not directed at you Numanoid, but at Giantrobo). If you have a problem, drop a dime to a moderator. If you don't want to discuss XM radio, stay out of the thread.
Old 09-24-03, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by kurupt
I love the wanna-be moderators who post only to tell people that they posted their topics in the wrong thread or they need to learn how to use "search" (not directed at you Numanoid, but at Giantrobo). If you have a problem, drop a dime to a moderator. If you don't want to discuss XM radio, stay out of the thread.
but on the flip side, you have been here for over 2 years, so you should know about the search function. It doesn't take much effort to run a quick search to find out that this topic has been discussed many, many, many times.
Old 09-24-03, 03:31 PM

While I might have phrased the suggestion differently (perhaps after offering my own opinion of the subject), it's a valid point -- this subject seems to come up once every month or two, and it's very possible an older, more robust thread could answer questions...

To return to the topic... no I don't have XM radio, but if my commute were much longer (or the setup or monthly charges were cheaper), I'd consider it.
Old 09-24-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
to be honest, I hate "would be moderators" too and I even thought about re-wording my post about the "search" so it wouldn't sound bitchy. I'm also aware that search doesn't always give good results when used.

Either way, it was NOT meant to be a smart ass comment. I simply meant to share the fact that XM topics DO come up here often.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-24-03 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-24-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate satellite radio for the simple fact that their antennas are ugly and car makers have started putting them on as stock.
Old 09-24-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also came off "bitchier" than intended Giantrobo. Sometimes it just seems like some posters show up only to scold other posters (which I guess, on this occasion, I was guilty of doing myself too). Sorry for sounding like a d!ck. Deftones, Giantrobo's remark wasn't toward me, I don't think, but the person who started the thread.

Back to the topic, I have to agree that the shark fin looking antennas are pretty damn ugly, but they now make very small ones that are much less cumbersome than their predacessors.
Old 09-24-03, 06:03 PM

I started WW3. I guess i should have done a search. MY BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

To tell the truth the music thread is one of the least forums that i check out.

I have the antenna on my black truck and it looks nice. I have yet to get it on my car because it would stand out like a sore thumb. Does anyone have their antenna on the inside dash?does it still work, if you do?
Old 09-25-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
xm comedy is great. I just drove 12 hours on monday and I didn't even touch my cd's. It was all about the xm comedy.