Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kaurismäki on DVD!! Any Swedish sites?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-20-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a very nice sounding 5-DVD Boxset of Aki Kaurismäki scheduled to be released in Sweden by Sandrew Metronome in December. The set will contain The Man without a Past, Drifting Clouds, Shadows in Paradise, Ariel, and The Match Factory Girl, and all of the discs will supposedly include English subtitles.

That's the good news. So who knows of a good, reliable and (hopefully) not horribly expensive Swedish DVD site?
Old 09-20-03, 07:58 AM

though I already own "the man without a past" DVD - french release - this is great news but, how do you suppose the box set will include english subtitles? I fear you're too optimistic, nonetheless this thread needs to be updated soon, anyone from Sverige around here?

My Collection
Old 09-20-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

actually you should be able to get some of his films through DVDSOON. I got my MAN WITHOUT A PAST from them (located in Denmark)....the disc came with great English subs (though not indicated on the box).

I am sure DVDOO will carry the boxset....for instance they got LILYA 4-EVER only a few days after its Sweedish release.

ps
for the record many of the recent Scandinavian releases have English subs....Great trend (reminds me about S.Korea)