Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

I found my old SNES and it still works!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-18-03, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was kinda bored with my new systems so I started playing some of my older games again. I broke out my PS1 and started playing FF9 again...I love it! However, going through my garage to see if I could find some other old stuff I found my SNES and it still works! Because I am stuck at home due to Izzy I decided to play some old SNES games: Super Metroid, the Star Wars games, FF3, Mario World and the 3 Donkey Kong Countries. Talk about fun, and the graphics, especially on DKC, still hold up well.
Old 09-18-03, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brother I feel you! I just broke out my old SNES and Genesis, and think all those old side scrollers kick ass! I never have the kind of fun playing todays games as I did/do playing Sonic 3(I know its not the best, but I liked it) or Yoshi's Island and the like. I think a lot of developers need to go back and see what made those games so great and try to implement those ideas in todays games. It's amazing to play those old platformers and see how they still hold up. I might start skipping some newer titles, and picking up some old titles I missed out on. I really want to get my hands on Sonic CD.
Old 09-18-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love you guys. (except that whole FF9 thing).
Old 09-18-03, 10:32 PM
Banned

I have a feeling you read my other post about DK. Ya, I missed out on alot of great titles such Zelda: A Link to The Past, Blackthrone, Chrono Trigger, Breath of Fire 1&2 and the DK series but I already mentioned I already picked up DK1 and DK3 this week and still looking for DK2. They hardly make side-scrollers anymore. Last one I can think of at the top of my head was the 3D Contra for PS2 that came out last year. Super Mario World is alot of fun but I always got 99% and couldnt find that last missing thing whatever it was. SMW also had that cool level where you can get a 100 lives .
Old 09-19-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not surprised, Nintendo consoles seem to last forever. I love my snes smw, link to the past, an yoshi's island are three of the best games of all time. DKC looks amaziing, the graphics are better than most ps1 games
Old 09-19-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cool, you got some awesome games there, Super Metroid, FF3, DKC (DKC2 is my favorite). Makes me wanna go play some of them .
Old 09-19-03, 02:13 PM
Banned

Yeah I understand bud like a month and half ago I want and got myself a used SNES from EB. Got me some games off ebay and having a ball with it. I'll always have a love for 2-D gaming so I had to have one. THe mario games look just fine I mean the gameplay is still some of the best to this day for 2-D gaming. Also it was cheaper to get a old SNES and get them off ebay then get them for GBA plus that thing hurts my hands to bad. I want a GBA player that hooks up to the tv by itself I don't want a GC god damn it
Old 09-19-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Want some killer side-scrollers? CHeck out an old TurboGrafx console. Can probably find one very cheap, with great games like the Bonk series, Splatterhouse, Kato & Ken, etc. ANd smoe really great shooters too!! Blazing Lazers, Cybercore, etc. etc. etc.
Old 09-19-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 391 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally posted by PixyJunket
I love you guys. (except that whole FF9 thing).
I actually agree with Pixy (for once)

FF9 was the one FF game I didn't enjoy.
Old 09-19-03, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by nickdawgy

FF9 was the one FF game I didn't enjoy.
At first I din't like it that much although I still thought it was better than FF8. However; after getting through FF10, which I liked but drove me up a wall on occasion, I am enjoying FF9 a lot more. It is actually getting me into the mood to play ALL my SNES and PS1 RPG's like:

FF8
FF7
FF3(SNES)
Chrono Trigger(SNES)
Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Legend of Dragoon
Secret of Evermore(SNES)

Back to my SNES...I have been just plowing through my DKC games! I forgot how addicting finding all the bonus levels were. Next up is Super Metroid. I also found a game that I totally forgot I had for my SNES...Killer Instinct! I might have to play that again as well. I think I'll have to pull out my NES to see if it still works as I have got killer games for that as well. I love old school gaming!
Old 09-20-03, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Were your game saves still intact?
Old 09-20-03, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by Drexl
Were your game saves still intact?
Yes they were. However, I did delete them all as I wanted to start over from the beginning.