Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

XBOX Live Account transfer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XBOX Live Account transfer?

My friend just bought a memory card for the XBOX. He was wondering if you could load your XBOX Live account on that and take it to someone else's house to use with there account.

The scenario:
We wanted to play ESPN NFL FOOTBALL. It was ME vs. HIM and HIS COUSIN. They both have accounts on LIVE, so they wanted to load each account so they both could get the record and both use the headset. Supposedly, you can only use the headset if you are NOT a GUEST.
Old 09-18-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Yes, you can load your account on a memory card (about the card's only real use) and play Live on any other Xbox with a high speed connection.

More info here.

Last edited by Decker; 09-18-03 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-18-03, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks, I guess he couldn't find it...i'll pass it along. I cannot access that link you sent me right now GAMES restriction at work....sheesh.

I think since they updated the XBOX Dashboard, it's different or something.
Old 09-18-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Here you go. There's very little useful information in the link beyond what I already posted, but I'll place it here for you anyway.

Take Xbox Live on Vacation

When cabin fever sets in and you realize you haven't left the house since Thanksgiving, it's time to pack up and hit the road. But if the thought of being without your Xbox Live fix for more than a few hours gives you the shakes, just take it with you! Let's see, you've got your toothbrush, Xbox, controllers, Communicator, 35-inch TV, power cords, Ethernet cables, and all your favorite games. Hmmm. Is this going to fit in your carry-on bag?

Hang on there, sport. You don't need to bring your whole system on vacation. All you need to play Xbox Live when you're on the road is your account. Play Unreal Championship in Boise, Whacked! in Boston, MechAssault in Miami, and NFL Fever 2004 in Pasadena. How can you pull this off? The secret is an Xbox Memory Unit. "What?" you say. That little black plastic thing I plug into the controller to save my games on? You got it. (And if you don't have one—get one.)

Not only can you save games on your MU, you can save your Xbox Live account. This gives you the power to play anywhere you find an Xbox and high-speed Internet service. Simply plug in your MU and copy your account to it. Then pop the MU in your pocket and you're on your way. Plug it into any Xbox console that's connected to Xbox Live, and your account, Gamertag, Friends list, and stats are all at your command—just like you never left home.

The Xbox Live Travel Kit:

MU with your Xbox Live Account
Xbox Communicator (in case your friends don't have an extra)
Clean underwear (optional)
Toothbrush (recommended)
Car keys, plane tickets, cash, and other non-essential items
Just remember, if you change any of your information while you're "roaming," your console back home won't reflect those changes, so you'll need to plug in your MU and let the Xbox update your info.

Whether you love to roadtrip and visit friends, or the only time you leave the house is on forced marches to Grandma's, the MU will keep you connected to the Xbox Live community wherever you go.
Old 09-19-03, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yep, he still couldn't get it to work yesterday...not sure if he is doing something wrong or not. He is trying with ESPN NFL Football....
Old 09-19-03, 02:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure he has xbox live loaded onto his system or it won't work you won't even see the xbox live save file on the card. I did this when I want to someone house and good thing I also had the cd with me cause you must load xbox live onto the system first. I was like WTF where did the xbox live save go then I loaded xbox live onto the system and then I could see the save.
Old 09-19-03, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by TOPDAWG
Make sure he has xbox live loaded onto his system or it won't work you won't even see the xbox live save file on the card. I did this when I want to someone house and good thing I also had the cd with me cause you must load xbox live onto the system first. I was like WTF where did the xbox live save go then I loaded xbox live onto the system and then I could see the save.
Well, they both have XBOX Live, so I would assume it should work. He just cannot choose his Username when playing against me. His cousin gets his fine, and he MUST be a guest. Is there a way to change that?
Old 09-20-03, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also skip buying the memory card, and just use the "Account Retrival" function on the Xbox live menu on start up. After you leave your friend's house, just delete your account from the list of things on his harddrive.