Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone picking up the C&C Generals expansion pack: ZERO HOUR?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-03, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I, for one, am looking forward to it. Generals is a very entertaining game...I don't think I can ever play Red Alert 2 ever again. The speed of Generals is so much better.

Also, anybody know the cheapest place to get this expansion? It comes out in less than 4 days.

Old 09-18-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I'm interested in it.. but then again it depends on the price. I wont "BUY" an expansion pack for anything more then 20 bucks if that.
Old 09-18-03, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still have generals sitting on my desk basically brand new, the game is just too choppy on my pc. Keeping it until I upgrade though
Old 09-18-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I'm interested in it.. but then again it depends on the price. I wont "BUY" an expansion pack for anything more then 20 bucks if that.
Well, it looks like the common price I'm seeing is $29.95. Guess you'll have to wait....or get it some other way.

Old 09-18-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bigdaddy1980
I still have generals sitting on my desk basically brand new, the game is just too choppy on my pc. Keeping it until I upgrade though
Hurry up and upgrade! You're really missing out. Of course, when I first started playing, I didn't really like it. It was a lot different from Red Alert 2. But after a short time, I started liking it way more than Red Alert 2.

Old 09-19-03, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
My brother is definately going to get this one.

An I'm going to play it Mwhahahahahaha!
Old 09-29-03, 05:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This expansion pack doesn't seem to have gained much interest here, but I figured I'd go ahead and post this anyway.

I went to COMPUSA today to pick it up and the salesman there was very cool. We talked a bit about the expansion pack and also told me to pick up a game called Homeworld 2. At least I think that was the name. Anyway, I decided I'd hold off on that game. I casually asked him about Zero Hour, "I don't suppose this is going on sale anytime soon, huh?" I don't know why I asked that since I was probably going to buy it at the $29.99 price anyway. He told me in a hushed voice, "Don't tell anybody I told you this, but it's $24.99 at Circuit City. Just go up to the cash register and ask them to price match it from Circuit City. As long as Circuit City has it in stock, we can match the price." So I was like, "Cool man, thanks!"

I went to the register and the cashier called CC. She was on hold for like 5 minutes and finally gave up and decided she'd just go ahead and give me the discount. When a fellow employee asked her if they (CC) had it in stock, she lied to him and told him, "yeah, they had it" and smiled at me. Heh, heh.

Just wanted to share my story to give to COMPUSA.

I've played about an hour of the game so far. Nice goodies!

Old 09-29-03, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well it seems some cool people do work at CompUSSR disspite company policy.
Old 09-29-03, 07:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
We talked a bit about the expansion pack and also told me to pick up a game called Homeworld 2. At least I think that was the name.
I've heard great things about the original Homeworld games, and this one also got high marks. You could probably get away with buying the first Homeworlds, which are really cheap, and getting HW2 when the price drops, if you get into the originals.
Old 09-29-03, 04:32 PM

I have Zero Hour and love it. You can also price match it at EB and then mail in for their $10 rebate. $15 total is pretty good.

Homeworld 2 is really beautiful. Single player is smash your keyboard hard, HW1 is also very difficult. Multiplayer and skirmishes in both, is much more fun. Super good looking games.

HW 2 is on sale for $40 right now at CC.

Look for Ginsu52 online.
Old 10-03-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, I've been playing this expansion pack for a few days and all I can say is that it rocks! Also, it's pretty damn hard! I've only played like one or two missions, but the skirmish mode is freakin' hard (which is good).

As far as Homeworld 2, I've read some reviews and it looks really good. I'll probably get it at some point, but I'll hold off for now.

Old 10-03-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

is homeworld just like C&C? if it is ..... i am there.....

by the way, Zero rocks big time. The Challenge option is awesome. Building bases and massive destruction has never been more sweet.
Old 10-03-03, 01:51 PM

Homeworld is really nothing like C&C. It is 4D, set in space. It is a RTS but that is about the only similarity. You can ger HW 1 GOTY gor $8 if you want to check it out on the cheap. It still holds up well graphic wise. I originally ran it on a P2 400 and a 16meg Voodoo card very smoothly.
Old 10-03-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame