Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

WTF? (Mei Ah's "The Emperor and the Assassin")

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-17-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, I ordered this from DDD about a week ago, and it came in today. I've heard that it's a flipper and the quality's not that good, but that doesn't really bother me since I just ordered it cheap so I could watch the movie. Anyway, I open it up and the disc is one-sided. It has disc art on the front. So now I'm thinking "Oh cool, I guess they re-released it on a DVD-9 and that's the version I got.", even though the box says DVD-10 on the back of it. So I pop it in, and low and behold, it's only the last 50 minutes of the movie! How can this possibly happen? Not only did they only put information on one side of the disc, but they even added disc art to the other side to cover up where the other half of the movie was supposed to go! I know alot of Mei Ah's discs aren't exactly top quality, but this really takes the the cake. Can anyone come up with a logical explaination for this, because I can't.
Old 09-17-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
contact DDDHouse and tell them, they'll send a replacement. Are you sure there isn't a second disc on the other side of the case?
Old 09-17-03, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got this (I assume Mei-Ah, I ordered from dddhouse many months back) and can confirm the version I got is a flipper (with no wacky disc art). I popped it in for a few minutes a few months back, but I didn't watch it (although I can confirm my version has data on both sides and the beginning of the movie on one of 'em).