Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

No Doubt [Best of... +Live DVD+Box Set]

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-13-03, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts

from [NODOUBT.com]

Upcoming Releases And Track Listings
Excerpt from the official press release dated October 10, 2003:

NO DOUBT'S FIRST COLLECTION, The Singles 1992-2003, TO BE RELEASED IN NOVEMBER ALONG WITH FOUR-DISC LIMITED EDITION DELUXE BOX SET AND CONCERT DVD ROCK STEADY LIVE

Santa Monica, CA - October 10, 2003 - After five albums and 25 million records sold--No Doubt unveils its first retrospective plus a two-CD/two-DVD Deluxe Box Set and a Rock Steady Live DVD all in November 2003, all on Interscope Records. Leading the November 25th release of The Singles 1992-2003 is a new track, No Doubt's cover of one of the band's favorite '80s songs, "It's My Life," a 1984 hit for the UK band Talk Talk.

"It feels like the right time to release this collection because it closes a chapter," explains band bassist Tony Kanal. "This is the recap of an incredible journey that we’ve had and it sets the tone for what will come in the future. We decided not to call it 'Greatest Hits' because that sounded too final...there’s more to come from us as a band."

The four-disc Deluxe Box Set, entitled Boom Box, in stores on November 25, brings together The Singles 1992-2003; Everything In Time (B-Sides, Rarities, Remixes) a CD that includes seven previously unreleased tracks, and two DVDS: The Videos 1992-2003 (featuring videos of the CD's singles) and Live In The Tragic Kingdom, a 1997 concert performance at the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim previously available only on VHS.

The Rock Steady Live DVD will also be issued November 25th. Recorded at a 2002 Long Beach Arena show, the concert features 17 songs, including all of the band's hits, plus additional live footage, band interviews and behind-the-scenes peeks. Rock Steady Live, as well as Live In The Tragic Kingdom, were directed by Sophie Muller, who also helmed many of the band's music videos.

"This started with us wanting to release a B-Sides album," recalls Kanal, "because there really wasn’t one place to get all of them. But that didn't make sense unless there was a retrospective too. Live In The Tragic Kingdom has been long overdue on DVD so we did a 5.1 remix. We added Rock Steady Live since we have no plans of doing any concerts till next year. Safe to say we ended up doing more than we originally anticipated."

With the band taking a break from group recording as members work on other projects, The Singles 1992-2003, Boom Box and Rock Steady Live look back at one of the most popular bands of recent years and together offer the ultimate studio-live-rarities-and music video experience for any fan of No Doubt.

TRACK LISTINGS:

The Singles 1992-2003
1) Just A Girl
2) It's My Life
3) Hey Baby featuring Bounty Killer
4) Bathwater
5) Sunday Morning
6) Hella Good
7) New
8) Underneath It All featuring Lady Saw
9) Excuse Me Mr.
10) Running
11) Spiderwebs
12) Simple Kind Of Life
13) Don't Speak
14) Ex-Girlfriend
15) Trapped In A Box

Rock Steady Live (DVD)
1) Hella Good
2) Sunday Morning
3) Ex-Girlfriend
4) Underneath It All
5) Platinum Blonde Life
6) Bathwater
7) Don’t Let Me Down
8) Magic’s In The Makeup
9) Running
10) In My Head
11) New
12) Simple Kind Of Life
13) Just A Girl
14) Hey Baby
15) Rock Steady
16) Spiderwebs
17) Don’t Speak
BONUS TRACKS:
1) Total Hate
2) Excuse Me Mr.
3) Different People
4) Trapped In A Box

Boom Box - Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set

disc 1: The Singles 1992-2003
1) Just A Girl
2) It's My Life
3) Hey Baby featuring Bounty Killer
4) Bathwater
5) Sunday Morning
6) Hella Good
7) New
8) Underneath It All featuring Lady Saw
9) Excuse Me Mr.
10) Running
11) Spiderwebs
12) Simple Kind Of Life
13) Don't Speak
14) Ex-Girlfriend
15) Trapped In A Box

disc 2 (DVD): The Videos 1992-2003
1) Running
2) Underneath It All featuring Lady Saw
3) Hella Good
4) Hey Baby featuring Bounty Killer
5) Bathwater
6) Simple Kind Of Life
7) Ex-Girlfriend
8) New
9) Oi To The World
10) Sunday Morning
11) Excuse Me Mr.
12) Don’t Speak
13) Spiderwebs
14) Just A Girl
15) Trapped In A Box

disc 3: Everything In Time (B-Sides, Rarities, Remixes)
B-SIDES
1) Big Distraction
2) Leftovers
3) Under Construction
4) Beauty Contest
5) Full Circle
6) Cellophane Boy
RARITIES
7) Everything In Time (Los Angeles)*
8) You're So Foxy*
9) Panic*
10) New Friend featuring Bucaneer*
11) Everything in Time (London)*
12) Sailin' On
13) Oi To The World
14) I Throw My Toys Around featuring Elvis Costello
REMIXES
15) New & Approved (New remix)
16) A Real Love Survives (Rock Steady remix) featuring Ms. Dynamite*
17) A Rock Steady Vibe (Rock Steady remix) featuring Sweetie Irie*

*previously unreleased track

disc 4 (DVD): Live In The Tragic Kingdom
1) Tragic Kingdom
2) Excuse Me Mr.
3) Different People
4) Happy Now?
5) D.J.’s
6) End It On This
7) Just A Girl
8) The Climb
9) Total Hate
10) Hey You
11) The Imperial March
12) Move On
13) Don’t Speak
14) Sunday Morning
15) Spiderwebs
16) Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Last edited by gerrythedon; 10-10-03 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-13-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,387 Likes on 1,018 Posts
Sounds nice, I thought they were finished with Rock Steady, but I've come to realize it's one of their most creative and artistic projects yet.
Old 09-13-03, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No Doubt [Best of... +Live DVD+Box Set]

Originally posted by gerrythedon
a DVD collection of all No Doubt's music videos

let's hope "all" truly means ALL...
Old 10-11-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That's a lot of No Doubt.
Old 10-12-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by LivingINClip
That's a lot of No Doubt.
no doubt
Old 10-12-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,387 Likes on 1,018 Posts
Has anybody ever noticed when Underneath it All is played on an MOR or adult contemp station, the "rap" bridge is removed and it's just the music? Same with TLC's Waterfalls?

Bleeping naughty words is one thing (though still silly on some level) but this is just pathetic.
Old 10-12-03, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
doesn't bother me at all..

perhaps if I was a big rap fan, it might..

[or at least a big Lady Saw fan..]

this is common since No Doubt [and other bands] try to get mass appeal by changing their songs to fit the format of that particular radio station..
Old 10-12-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
one of the few groups you can watch go genre hopping to whatever is popular at the time and be succesful at it. Not to mention all in one box set.
Old 11-30-03, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got the Box Set. I'm really happy with this set.

It's comes with a Cool booklet.

The SINGLES cd has all the right NO DOUBT songs for people that don't have any of their Albums. But if anyone has their last 3 albums then this cd is not needed [but it's part of the set, so that's cool to have]. The new song included ["It's My Life"], I really like. The booklet has comments and lyrics for each song.

The VIDEOS Dvd is Sweet!. It has ALL of their vid's [Finally! someone gets it right] including their new video "It's My Life" [YES!]... it's not listed on the package or booklet, but It's on the[Dvd] video listing.
The only Bad Thing is that there are no Commenteries for the videos, also the booklet does not give any kind of description or notes concerning the video.

The RARITIES cd is also real good. Most of them are outtakes from RETURN OF SATURN & ROCK STEADY albums and are Good songs. Again the booklet has comments ans lyrics for each song

The TRAGIC KINGDOM live DVD is real cool. It was an energetic performance by them. The sound & video is good.

The only real small complain is the cardboard packaging of the disc's. I guess it's time to scan & print myself some cd & dvd covers.

It was well worth the $40 sale price and recommend it for fans of No Doubt. I also got the ROCK STEADY live dvd, but haven't opened it 'cause I want the dvd box version. BB only had the jewel case, so I got since it was only on sale on Tuesday & Wednesday. I hope that I find it, so I can take this version back. Another BB also only had the cd case version and Target & CC were sold out.

Has anyone viewed the ROCK STEADY live dvd? How is it? ,etc.

Last edited by gerrythedon; 11-30-03 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-30-03, 03:41 PM

gerrythedon did you get the CD/DVD set by mail or something? Because I bought just the CD at Best Buy, but didn't see the DVD set. Come to think of it, I don't know if any of the other music/electronic are caring them. Unless the DVD is in the DVD section.
Old 11-30-03, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by vallerie
gerrythedon did you get the CD/DVD set by mail or something? Because I bought just the CD at Best Buy, but didn't see the DVD set. Come to think of it, I don't know if any of the other music/electronic are caring them. Unless the DVD is in the DVD section.
I bought both items at Best Buy. The Box Set [2dvd+2cd], which came in a small (cd type) box... and the Rock Steady live dvd [which is seperate from the box set], which was only available in a jewel case at B.B... ROCK STEADY live dvd is available in 2 types of packaging [Cd or Dvd]. The box Set is only in a small box.

[my bad if I wasn't clear before, and hope that I'm clear now)
Old 12-01-03, 07:26 PM

I bought both items at Best Buy. The Box Set [2dvd+2cd], which came in a small (cd type) box... and the Rock Steady live dvd [which is seperate from the box set], which was only available in a jewel case at B.B... ROCK STEADY live dvd is available in 2 types of packaging [Cd or Dvd]. The box Set is only in a small box.

[my bad if I wasn't clear before, and hope that I'm clear now)
thanks for clearing that up.
Old 12-02-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is the video compilation DVD available separate? When I did a seach on Amazon, only the live concert DVD came up.
Old 12-02-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by LiquidSky
Is the video compilation DVD available separate? When I did a seach on Amazon, only the live concert DVD came up.
No, the Vid. Dvd is only on the box set.

[Do I need to explain it again]
Old 12-02-03, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm sorry, but IMO the cover of "It's My Life" stinks. The basic brilliance of the song still manages to come through despite Gwen's whining and yowling. In terms of production it's just a copycat but shallower-sounding version of Talk Talk's arrangement.

I remember when cover songs actually succeeded by doing something dynamic and different with the song in question.
Old 12-03-03, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No, the Vid. Dvd is only on the box set.

[Do I need to explain it again]
I must have missed where you explained it already. Too bad: I don't want to purchase the entire box set and would much rather have the video compilation on DVD than the concert. Perhaps it will be released separately later on.....
Old 12-03-03, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Jepthah
I'm sorry, but IMO the cover of "It's My Life" stinks. The basic brilliance of the song still manages to come through despite Gwen's whining and yowling. In terms of production it's just a copycat but shallower-sounding version of Talk Talk's arrangement.

I remember when cover songs actually succeeded by doing something dynamic and different with the song in question.
Wow, I think the song is great. I know they did the song and video to make fun of people who are saying that Gwen is breaking up the band and etc.
Old 12-03-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by bigsoos
Wow, I think the song is great. I know they did the song and video to make fun of people who are saying that Gwen is breaking up the band and etc.
Listen to the original and compare.
Old 12-03-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by milo bloom
Has anybody ever noticed when Underneath it All is played on an MOR or adult contemp station, the "rap" bridge is removed and it's just the music? Same with TLC's Waterfalls?

Bleeping naughty words is one thing (though still silly on some level) but this is just pathetic.
1065 in baltimore is notrorious for this. they also cut out the rap part in the lady marmalide song. But they did find it ok to play the new outkast song though.
Old 12-03-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by bigsoos
I like the cover too. And, I've heard the original many, many times.
Old 12-05-03, 09:51 PM
Suspended

Amazon.com sold out its only shipment of Boom Box in one night. It was available for a few hours last night, and then it was gone. It's officially buy it used from amazon.com now. Good thing I got my copy along w/ Rock Steady Live DVD.
Old 12-15-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Does the BoomBox 4-disc set just come in the CD-sized silver box? Or is there alternate packaging for the BoomBox set as well?
Old 12-15-03, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by djbrown
Does the BoomBox 4-disc set just come in the CD-sized silver box?
YES, only this way.
Old 01-16-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally got [the DVD case version of] ROCK STEADY LIVE. Great live dvd. Almost 2 hours of live music + 1hour 30minutes of extras. The picture is great and it comes in 3 options of sound [2.0, 5.1 & DTS]
Old 01-27-04, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LiquidSky
I don't want to purchase the entire box set
Perhaps it will be released separately later on.....
The 2 DVDs will get released seperate on March 23.

Last edited by bigjim25; 01-27-04 at 11:37 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.