Sctv On Dvd

Old 09-10-03, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sctv On Dvd

So I hear SCTV in coming to DVD in January....The Network 90 Episodes. Joe Flaherty himself has confirmed all this a sctv news group.

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Old 01-30-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Looks like April now... From TVShowsonDVD.com:
Wow, it's been August since we last updated you about the SCTV DVD release. Back then we passed on that it was "in production for a January release". Well, we're almost at the end of January, so what's the deal?

Shout! Factory hasn't been exactly shouting about the status of this, so we have a fan named Jason Wentworth to thank for this note sent at the beginning of the week:

Not sure if your excellent news team ever lurks on the alt.tv.sctv newsgroup so I thought I'd toss this at you...it's a post from a newsgroup member named "Guy Cabellero" who is, in reality, cast member Joe Flaherty. Here's the relevant material from "Guy"'s post:

"Just finished doing some more additional material for the DVD's. I thought it was for the next batch, but I was informed it's for the first release, which is now scheduled for....APRIL. Sheezh!"

I know this is an eagerly anticipated release for many of us and it's good to know it's still planned.

Please be aware that the identity of "Guy Cabellero" is not something we can verify, nor was information from Shout! Factory obtained in time for this story. Still, it's more of an update than we've previously gotten, so we thought we would pass it on to our readers.

Our thanks to Jason Wentworth for the e-mail, and please stay tuned. We'll post more about this just as soon as official word is available.
Old 01-30-04, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh God, please please please... had no idea. I'd rather have it sooner than later, but April is alright by me... just get it out!
Old 01-30-04, 09:42 AM

According to the SCTV Guide:

SCTV on DVD A release does indeed look to be getting closer, as details on the content are now appearing. The first set is currently rumoured to be Season 4 Cycle 1, 9 episodes on 5 discs, and is to include lots of bonus material, including a 60 minute special on the 1999 Aspen Comedy Festival reunion, along with mini features of cast and crew recollections grouped into "SCTV Remembers", "Remembering John", "Origins of SCTV", and "The Craft of SCTV".
Old 01-30-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm looking forward to this one too!

--LVM
Old 01-30-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait to see Edith Prickly on DVD!