Enterprise 09-10-03

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-03, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 09-10-03

I know it's early, but had a few reviews to post

Episode Title: 'The Xindi'

Synopsis: "Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious antagonistic race."

Entertainment Weekly B
Sci Fi B+

The same Sci-Fi reviewer gave The Expanse a C+, so hopefully this means a step or two has been taken in the right direction.

An interesting rumour:
Rick Berman has asked
Spoiler:
William Shatner
whether he would be interested in appearing on Enterprise.

"Rick Berman did ask me if I would be willing to appear in Enterprise, and I indicated that if it was a good idea and script, yes," he wrote during a chat with The Star Trek Fan Association.
Link

Given the lack of sci-fi on the air these days, I have to hang my hopes on something. Even when it's let me down for two years.
Old 09-09-03, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Enterprise 09-10-03

• Quoth Chew •<HR SIZE=1>Given the lack of sci-fi on the air these days, I have to hang my hopes on something. Even when it's let me down for two years. <HR SIZE=1>

Your hopes have been hereby hanged.

Here's the problem I'm having, and it's very frustrating. I've seen the hearts of Berman and Braga. Their work in the last 3-4 years demonstrates that they don't "get it." It's to the point where now, even if they somehow stumble into something that doesn't suck, I'm not sure I can buy it. Because I know there's no heart behind it ... just a series of reactionary changes. I have no intention of bashing quality -- and I'm sure they have no intention of actually presenting quality -- but on the off chance that they do, it's going to be very difficult to appreciate it after what we've been through in the last few years.

das
Old 09-09-03, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
-Sigh- Very true, das.
Old 09-09-03, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Y,wds.

If the last 2 episodes of SG-1 are any indication, it's gonna be a looooong year.

Did they not rerun "The Expanse"? Or did I just sleep thru it? Again.
Old 09-09-03, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Wizdar
Did they not rerun "The Expanse"? Or did I just sleep thru it? Again.
Yup, time for more coffee: there were two hours of Enterprise last week, with "Expanse" in the second hour.
Old 09-09-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Well I am remaining hopeful for Enterprise this year. I just keep telling myself that the 1st season of TNG was really cheesy and the 2nd season started moving in the right direction. It was in the 3rd season that everythign started to click. Though I do agree that B&B don't get it in any way, shape, or form; I'll still cross my fingers.
Old 09-09-03, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by everybody
Don’t get Wizdar started on the “1st Season Problems” stuff…
I’ll be happy if they dump the opening credits music. From there, things can only improve.
Old 09-09-03, 01:04 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Okay, just as I attended the Eagles season opener last night hoping that they would play well, I'll watch Wednesday hoping that this show has changed significantly enough (in a positive way) to warrant one hour per week of my time. Although I find it difficult to believe that I could be as disappointed in Enterprise as I was at last night's Eagles' performance, if anyone can do it B&B can!
Old 09-09-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’ll be happy if they dump the opening credits music. From there, things can only improve.
After two years of fan complaints about the Enterprise theme song, "Faith of the Heart", are the producers finally considering making a change?

TrekWeb reports that the electronic band Woven has recorded a new, original theme song for the series, delivered to the production studios last week. A spokesperson for the band said that Woven became aware of the opportunity through InterScope Records.

Other sites have reported numerous rumours that Enterprise will overhaul its opening credits, changing everything from the images to the theme of historic travel. SyFy Portal suggests that UPN may be adding the Star Trek name to the Enterprise logo, based on advertisements for the series' fall premiere.

"Faith of the Heart", written by Diane Warren and performed by Russell Watson, may also remain in a "new, 'more energetic' arrangement, according to TrekWeb sources. This would not be an unprecedented move; Deep Space Nine's theme music was given a new arrangement at the start of that series' fourth season.

Paramount and UPN have not confirmed any plans to change the theme music for Enterprise, nor has any official announcement been made about plans to put the Star Trek brand on Enterprise's logo.
Link

This topic is worse than a tennis match. I don't know how many times I've heard it go back and forth.
Old 09-09-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
It is good thing that UPN (at least my local affiliate) is continuing to repeat Enterprise Saturdays at 8. It would have been 3rd in my pecking order behind Smallville and That 70s Show on Wednesdays. Probably would have rarely watched it.
Old 09-10-03, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The new premise does promise to provide more action and excitement, and giving the crew a purpose certainly can't hurt. These people couldn't just keep galumphing around the galaxies like yokel tourists — though even now, they have a habit of bumbling into places without thinking their visit through.

Still, none of the alterations has come close to fixing the show's main problem, which is subpar writing. The latest victim is one of the show's more appealing stars, Connor Trinneer, whose character is being written so erratically that he seems as if he's overacting to compensate.

The sad truth for Trek is that the franchise has been left behind by smarter, hipper and better-developed sci-fi series, from Buffy to Farscape. Despite its improvements, Enterprise still feels like a show, and an idea, that has run its course.

Sometimes the boldest tack is to go away.
Link

Ahh, the truth hurts.
Old 09-10-03, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Only 15 hours to go.

I feel like I’m in a laxative commercial.
Old 09-10-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Only 15 hours to go.

I feel like I’m in a laxative commercial.
Old 09-10-03, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've kind of missed Enterprise while it was away. I'm looking forward to having it back.
Old 09-10-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Hey, I'm still in the camp that likes the show for what it is. It's not going to provide me with deep storylines like TNG or good action scenes like Voyager. I like the characters, so I enjoy the show.
Old 09-10-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just so you know, the theme song for tonight's episode is just an up-tempo version of the original. Supposedly the new credits and theme song weren't finished in time, but should start next week.
Old 09-10-03, 11:11 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im more than willing to give it one more season
Old 09-10-03, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MvRojo
Just so you know, the theme song for tonight's episode is just an up-tempo version of the original. Supposedly the new credits and theme song weren't finished in time, but should start next week.
Old 09-10-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

hopefully that is true MvRojo.

I'm part of the small minority that liked the old theme. But i'm pretty sure all of us can agree this new up beat version is worse
Old 09-10-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
a grasshopper.

a friggin' grasshopper.
Old 09-10-03, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

nothing happened this episode except they found out that there are 5 species
Old 09-10-03, 08:09 PM

Lame.
Old 09-10-03, 08:10 PM

Can some one stick a fork in this series this show is so dead someone was right earlier when they mentioned that they did nothing to change the subpar writing of this show.
Old 09-10-03, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

M'eh. A new coat of paint won't make your car run any better.

I agree: the uptempo theme song better be gone next week or it's back to TiVo fast-forwarding.

Anybody else have Episode 2 deja vu with the Xindi round-table? I kept expecting Christopher Lee to walk in.

The MACO addition may provide necessary "muscle" to the crew, but it delutes the cast and reduces some of the main characters (Sato, Mayweather) to even less lines than normal.

And the sooner B&B get away from their feeble attempts at "sexual tension" the better.
Old 09-10-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Am I to undertand that the majority of you folks do NOT like Enterprise so far? Wow, I hate Star Trek...well not HATE it, but could care less about it, and I basically find myself having to watch every episode of Enterprise. Every week is a great new story, the cast is solid, and the Vulcan is hotter than heck I dunno if it's just me, but this show blows away anything remotely Sci-fi of late...the last Star Trek that kept me mildly entertained was TNG. All this B-rated Farscape crap is laughable.....I say bring on more good Enterprise, its been excellent thus far.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.