Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Capcom rumor mill...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-03, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Capcom rumor mill...

Ok - so I heard this unreliable rumor from a reliable friend and insider that Resident Evil Outbreak might also be coming to Xbox. Word is that the idea is being kicked around alot... alot of secret emails and strange notes and whatnot. Also a possibility (but by no means a certainty) is that RE 4 might show up on Xbox and PS2 as well. Capcom did some restructuring earlier this year - giving less authority to the lead designer when it comes to matters of finance... this was due to the many problems the company is facing as well as the monumental profit losses from the decision to put so much time and money into developing for the Gamecube. Not that the Gamecube sucks or anything - just referring to the fact that they could've made piles more money putting certain games on consoles that sold more. I'm told that projected sales for the RE and RE0 if they had been released on the PS2 would've doubled Capcom's profits from last year - just from those 2 games.

Another thing I heard is about Dino Crisis 3 (since it's coming out next week) - Microsoft paid all the development costs for that game to Capcom. Not so much a rumor as a fact... but still I found it to be kinda interesting. You may not.
Old 09-07-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they could've made piles more money putting certain games on consoles that sold more.
I'm sure they knew this going in. Multiplatform games will always sell more. It's a trade-off though -- you give up some sales in return for something else.
Old 09-07-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That something else being a nice fat check from Nintendo.
Old 09-07-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My friend speculates that Sony must've done something to piss off the designer. I wouldn't doubt it... happens all the time. Hopefully this restructuring of Capcom will help things.
Old 09-07-03, 12:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Outbreak would be right at home on Xbox. Im still unsure why it is being released on PS2 instead (Xbox could do downloadable levels and characters)
Old 09-07-03, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Dino Crisis is a horrible series that Capcom should have never continued, even if the game was paid for by Microsoft. The first 2 were awful.
Old 09-07-03, 02:43 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Based on the demo in the last OXM, the third Dino Crisis continues that grand tradition.
Old 09-07-03, 02:57 PM
Banned

I happen to love the Dino Crisis series but DC 2 is 50x better then the first one. I'm disappointed that DC3 is only on Xbox. Since there changing everything, like you said, RE4 might not be exclusive to GC.
Old 09-07-03, 04:22 PM

Trigger, are these the same friends that told youCapcom was going to be bought out by MS last year?

Last edited by jeffdsmith; 09-07-03 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-07-03, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
I suppose it would be foolish of me to even ask if it were possible that a Mega Man game could make its way to X-Box sometime in the future?
Old 09-07-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jeffdsmith
Trigger, are these the same friends that told you Capcom was going to be bought out by MS Capcom was going to be bought out by MS last year?
Old 09-07-03, 06:52 PM

Sorry about the poor redundant phrase, somehow I messed it up when I added the URL...
Old 09-07-03, 07:55 PM

Hmmmmm.... I would probably take this news with a grain of salt and wait for the offical press release from Capcom regarding this matter.
Old 09-07-03, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Trigger, are these the same friends that told youCapcom was going to be bought out by MS last year?
nope... those were articles I found and posted - it was a popular rumor at the time. That's the thing about rumors - they don't all come true. It's not like I presented that information as fact... all I did was post articles that I found and let people talk about it. I don't see what's so funny about that - unless you're just trying to make me look like an a-hole, which is just rude.

As for the friend you're talking about - this is the same person who told me about the rumor that GTA3 would be coming to Xbox sooner than expected. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...postid=3874490 but I guess that info is unreliable too.

Look - I'm not saying this is anything but a rumor - I'm not saying it's true. He did tell me at one point that MS was looking at Capcom - which they were, but it didn't go anywhere. So what?
Old 09-07-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DJ_Spyder
Hmmmmm.... I would probably take this news with a grain of salt and wait for the offical press release from Capcom regarding this matter.
Exactly... I'm just saying that it's a possibility. Nothing more.
Old 09-07-03, 10:25 PM

I'm just joking with you, calm down; I'm not trying to make you look "like an a-hole".

If I were out to do that I would have referenced this post in which you only refer to a "rumor" and no article.
Old 09-07-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I'm not trying to make you look "like an a-hole".
He does a well enough job doing that by himself. *rimshot*

Thanks folks, I'll be here all weekend. Don't forget to tip the wait staff.

Old 09-07-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm just joking with you, calm down; I'm not trying to make you look "like an a-hole".

If I were out to do that I would have referenced this post in which you only refer to a "rumor" and no article.
I'm plenty calm... I guess I was just more irritated at pixiboi's maniacal cackling than anything else.

And that 'rumor' turned out to be true - MS did take a run at Capcom (behind the scenes) and it didn't happen.
Old 09-08-03, 06:56 AM

Fair enough.
Old 09-12-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Mega Man Anniversary Collection Announced

Fans of Capcom's Mega Man franchise have something to look forward to for a change. In anticipation of its franchise character's 15th anniversary, Capcom is bringing out the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for PlayStation 2 and Gamecube, an omnibus collection of some 10 past Mega Man games. Both versions are due for release in the United States this February.
Yes, 10 games in one package. It will include all eight mainstream Mega Man side-scrollers, from the NES, Super NES, Game Boy, and PlayStation, plus ports of two arcade fighting games that never saw American distribution, Mega Man The Power Battle and Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters. Though it seems they won't be changed in any untoward fashion, they will include updated soundtracks to take advantage of modern consoles' audio capabilities.

As an added bonus, Capcom is also packing in some 30 minutes of animation clips, TV commercials, and producer interviews to unlock, as well as artwork galleries and other trivia related to the franchise.

"The Mega Man Anniversary Collection pays tribute to the brainchild behind this multimillion unit selling franchise, Keiji Inafune, and the original games that he created," said Capcom marketing director Todd Thorson. "It gives gamers who have not experienced the Mega Man phenomenon an opportunity to play the titles that redefined the platform genre."

http://www.gamers.com/news/1463368
Old 09-12-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow. Definitely have to pick that up.
Old 09-12-03, 02:23 PM
Banned

I'm still pissed at capcom for canceling Red Dead I just want them to do a high-res Street Fighter game. Also man after playing the demo of DC3 man M$ I know your rich but man stop wasting money. I can't that set camera angle bullshit. I just want to see more capcom on xbox damn it. I think putting games like DC3 that my guess will sell like crap will not keep capcom on broad for Xbox.
Old 09-12-03, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by juiio
Mega Man Anniversary Collection Announced

Fans of Capcom's Mega Man franchise have something to look forward to for a change. In anticipation of its franchise character's 15th anniversary, Capcom is bringing out the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for PlayStation 2 and Gamecube, an omnibus collection of some 10 past Mega Man games. Both versions are due for release in the United States this February.
Yes, 10 games in one package. It will include all eight mainstream Mega Man side-scrollers, from the NES, Super NES, Game Boy, and PlayStation, plus ports of two arcade fighting games that never saw American distribution, Mega Man The Power Battle and Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters. Though it seems they won't be changed in any untoward fashion, they will include updated soundtracks to take advantage of modern consoles' audio capabilities.

As an added bonus, Capcom is also packing in some 30 minutes of animation clips, TV commercials, and producer interviews to unlock, as well as artwork galleries and other trivia related to the franchise.

"The Mega Man Anniversary Collection pays tribute to the brainchild behind this multimillion unit selling franchise, Keiji Inafune, and the original games that he created," said Capcom marketing director Todd Thorson. "It gives gamers who have not experienced the Mega Man phenomenon an opportunity to play the titles that redefined the platform genre."

http://www.gamers.com/news/1463368

Can't wait for this release.
Old 09-12-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
It is up on Capcom's site as well:

CAPCOM® ANNOUNCES MEGA MAN™ ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION

SUNNYVALE, Calif - September 12, 2003 - Capcom today takes players on a retrospective journey through the evolution of their renowned blue action hero with the announcement of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, a compilation of Mega Man titles for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Nintendo GameCube™. Featuring hours of endless entertainment, the Mega Man Anniversary Collection is an anthology of classic Mega Man games (Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8) from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, PlayStation game console and arcade systems. This set will also include two never-before-released-in-the-US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters. The Mega Man Anniversary Collection is scheduled to release throughout North American in February 2004. The ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) rating is pending.

“The Mega Man Anniversary Collection pays tribute to the brainchild behind this multimillion unit selling franchise, Keiji Inafune, and the original games that he created,” said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “It gives gamers, who have not experienced the Mega Man phenomenon, an opportunity to play the titles that redefined the platform genre.”

In the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, players will be challenged to see if they have the skills to master some of the most extreme Mega Man titles ever released and to unlock a cache of bonus features that includes 30 minutes of anime, producer interviews, footage from the original TV commercials, and a history of the series. This ultimate set provides a comprehensive look at Mega Man’s progression through the years, as this near human robot embarked on his journey to becoming one of the longest running videogame icons to date. Take a trip down memory lane, reliving Mega Man's numerous quests to defeat Dr. Wily and his attempts to control the world and its resources. Gamers will reacquaint themselves with past adversaries such as Elect Man, Metal Man, Gemini Man, Pharaoh Man, Centaur Man, and Tengu Man, just to name a few. The Mega Man Anniversary Collection encompasses everything a new and hard-core fan would want for their existing library.

The Mega Man Anniversary Collection will include the following features:
• 10 Mega Man games on one disk –
o Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8
o Two never before released in the US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters
• Additional content – Unlock hidden original artwork, producer interviews, footage from the original TV commercials, anime videos and information about the entire franchise
• Updated soundtracks

http://www.capcom.com/news/news.xpml?prid=450094
Old 09-12-03, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mega Man the Power Battle WAS released in the US.. I know somebody who owns it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.