Community
Search

Ninja Scroll-the series (Vol. 1)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Ninja Scroll-the series (Vol. 1)

Has anyone purchased this?Can't seem to find anyone online that has it in stock.I have read 2 good reviews(Anime on DVD and Digital Bits).Are you planning on buying this along with the tenth anniversery release?
Old 09-05-03, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best buy in my area haven't gotten it yet so I think i'll wait on this a bit. But i'll be passing on the new release of the Ninja Scroll movie, I just don't have any problems with my old one.
Old 09-06-03, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Suncoast at Lexington, Kentucky has a ton.
Old 09-06-03, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 good reviews.. How many bad reviews did you read? I found the series to simply suck. I was so damn excited about it when it was first being created and announced and then I saw the first episode. ACK. the character design was just not my taste, the action was nothing compared to the film. I don't mean this as a thread crap or anything of the such, I just couldn't get myself to watch past episode 5 without just stopping it in the middle. Didn't like it at all.

I'll buy the tenth anniversery release, but you couldn't pay me to take the series into my collection.
Old 09-06-03, 10:11 AM

I, too, was excited about it ... and highly disappointed when I saw the series. It blows
Old 09-06-03, 02:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok received mine today and after seeing this thread was dubious..just finished watching...but it isn't all bad..sheesh
Old 09-06-03, 02:21 PM

I'll keep an open mind when I watch this series after all it's the first volume. as for the tenth anniversary version when is that one due out?
Old 09-06-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah, all the reviews i've read say it's decent... not up to the movie's level, but still ok.

i think best buy has some sort of bonus dvd.
Old 09-06-03, 05:12 PM

I picked this up at BB a few days ago...only watched the first 15 minutes last night before falling asleep...But that's because I was tired...I'll try to finish it tomorrow probably...definitely not up to the movie standard but what can you expect? It looks to be a quality series though....
Old 09-06-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

did anyone else experience problems getting this dvd at bestbuy last tuesday? the two bestbuys i went to in the NYC area said their shipment did not come in, and that it should be in "in the next few days". i went back yesterday and still they have not come in. i'll have to check again some time this week.
Old 09-06-03, 10:08 PM

Best Buy near me just got it in today so I grabbed it, after three episodes I can say yes it isn't up the the movie standards, but it isn't total garbage either, i'll stick with it for now.