Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

'Family Guy' gets new life through NEW MOVIE!! Plus Stewie on VMA's!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-05-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EXCLUSIVE: FAMILY GUY - The Movie!
Creator Seth McFarlane has good news for his fans!

In an exclusive interview with Coming Attractions at Cinescape, FAMILY GUY creator Seth McFarlane told us that the rumor about the possible return of his TV show is about to become a reality. A deal is imminent for McFarlane to continue creating new animated adventures of Quahog's nuttiest, funniest dysfunctional family, the Griffins.

"It's all come down to the budget right now. We're hashing it out," McFarlane tells CA. "It would be a direct-to-DVD project."

While the feature length FAMILY GUY will be developed at Fox, it will be at a different division and not through the company's television arm. And as for when we might be able to see new FAMILY GUY goodness:

"Timeframe, you're probably looking at a year, a year-and-a-half down the line. It will take a while to make. If we could do it within a year it would be very exciting."

With tremendous sales of the first DVD volume of FAMILY GUY (the second set goes on sale starting next week) and ratings on Cartoon Network climbing high, McFarlane's now-cancelled series is proving to be more popular in its afterlife than it was when it was in active production on Fox. Expect all the TV series cast members to reprise their roles for the movie.

Look for my exclusive 10 questions interview with Seth McFarlane next week here on Cinescape. Find out more about the origins of the show, the developing FAMILY GUY movie and what storyline McFarlane has got in mind for it!
http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...8&obj_id=39564

And of course, Stewie was on the MTV VMA's!

08-29-2003
Stewie put in an appearance on the MTV Music Awards. Here is what he said ...

"I say, Eminem and 50 Cent wouldn't know a proper lyric if it crawled up their asses and brought them to orgasm through prostate stimulation. Here's a gramatical curiosity from 50 Cent's "Wanksta." 'We in the club doin' the same ol' two-step/Guerilla unit/Cause they say we bugged out/Cause we don't go nowhere without toast.' Now you listen to me, Mr. Cent. You want to make it in this business? LAY OFF THE DOOBIE!... Stewie for Governor!"

Yay!
Old 09-05-03, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweetness!
Old 09-05-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 438 Likes on 307 Posts
There's gonna be an interview w/ Seth McFarlane on IGN this weekend, where he'll discuss possible storylines for the FG movie.
Old 09-06-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't there also talk of a Firefly movie? I suppose this is were cancelled Fox shows end up...in movies. Now we could always hope for a Tick movie! (live action, of course!)