Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Any cheat codes for Soul Calibur 2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any cheat codes for Soul Calibur 2?

Having never played any of the Soul Calibur/Soul Edge games, I spent close to 12 hours yesterday on this game for the first time. Before I even started playing the game, I read FAQs and guides on the fighting engine and system. I learned about buffering 8-way runs, double guard impacts, etc. Then I spent time reading the move lists, noting hit level and damage, looking for custom string opportunities. I scanned for juggle launchers and combos that would work well with juggles. I memorized a lot of moves.

Then I entered Weapon Master Mode and it all went out the window. The AI does not fall prey to mind games or adapt to any strategy. I just have to use the same cheese tactics and hope they work. I finally finished WMM in normal mode, and bought most of the store items, but I dread having to do it again in Extra mode to collect all the costumes and such.

I'm learning bad fighting habits by spending time in WMM, and it is a waste of time for me. I just want to unlock stuff. I bought this game so I can play it competitively with my friends on weekends while practicing combos and trying out custom strings at home. I have zero interest in playing against the AI because it is going to teach me bad habits.

Anyone know of cheat codes so I can unlock the stuff in this game?
Old 09-02-03, 02:51 PM
Banned

I damn wish buddy. I agree with ya here links to prove it.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=314844

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...5&pagenumber=3

I tell ya this game is going to force me to kill some little guy from japan before I'm done. I can see it now.

Japan guy>Hello sir how are you doing today
TOPDAWG>your from japan right?
Japan Guy>Yes I am
TOPDAWG>YOU SON OF A BITCH YOUR PEOPLE MAKE ME ANGRY
Japan guy>Sir please clam down I got no idea what your talking about!
TOPDAWG>OHHHHHHH you think it funny I'm losing at the game and getting pissed you're people think it's funny don't ya!?
Japan guy>Sir I got no idea what your talking about!
TOPDAWG>OHHHHHH it's time for a ass kicking son and like the game you're not getting shot to get back up.

TOPDAWG then beats the shits out of the dude and gets sent to jail. In jail a few big men knock him down and make sure he does not get back up before they all finish the round.

PS. If the above seems raciest or just retarded delete it mods I could do better but I'm tried and going to bed now night people I love you all very much.

PSS. This game does have me yelling at it and using allot of bad words.
Old 09-02-03, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Any cheat codes for Soul Calibur 2?

Originally posted by Joshic
Having never played any of the Soul Calibur/Soul Edge games, I spent close to 12 hours yesterday on this game for the first time. Before I even started playing the game, I read FAQs and guides on the fighting engine and system. I learned about buffering 8-way runs, double guard impacts, etc. Then I spent time reading the move lists, noting hit level and damage, looking for custom string opportunities. I scanned for juggle launchers and combos that would work well with juggles. I memorized a lot of moves.

Then I entered Weapon Master Mode and it all went out the window. The AI does not fall prey to mind games or adapt to any strategy. I just have to use the same cheese tactics and hope they work. I finally finished WMM in normal mode, and bought most of the store items, but I dread having to do it again in Extra mode to collect all the costumes and such.

I'm learning bad fighting habits by spending time in WMM, and it is a waste of time for me. I just want to unlock stuff. I bought this game so I can play it competitively with my friends on weekends while practicing combos and trying out custom strings at home. I have zero interest in playing against the AI because it is going to teach me bad habits.

Anyone know of cheat codes so I can unlock the stuff in this game?
The ultimate cheat code can be yours and I'll tell you how to atain it. Ready? It's called the Skill-cheat Pick the character you want to unlock everything with. Go into practice mode and practice everything in the movielist and apply to it your game. Soon enough my friend you'll be unlocking like no other. Remember if you dont use the Skill-Cheat you'll always suck at Soul Calibur.

-zero
Old 09-02-03, 05:00 PM

they'll probably have a code for Gameshark or action replay. i also think you can download save files off them and put them on your system. i wouldn't know.
Old 09-02-03, 05:28 PM

In some games it makes sense to have things locked, like succesion RPGs. This new trend of all games having locked features is so irritating to me, especially games that I want primarily for multi-player action. Grrr. What a waste to not be able to play games to their potential out of the box.

I assume I am in the minority or else demand would direct gamemakers to leave levels and characters playable from the start.
Old 09-03-03, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do folks need cheat codes for this game?

Just go through Weapon Master mode and learn each aspect of the game in a match training. You unlock everything while you practice. simple as that
Old 09-03-03, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Last night I played an extra mission in Weapon Master Mode where I had to fight Seung Mina and then Mitsurugi. They had super-enhanced speed and health, and ring-out properties for the match were also greatly enhanced.

Now... how does playing a level like that help me become a better player? I can understand playing through time attack mode or arcade mode to become a better player... but playing against the CPU with weird conditions does not help me become a better player in human vs human situations (which is what I want to become good at).
Old 09-03-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Well, in fairness, most of the humans I've played are either button mashers or repeat one cheap move incessantly, so maybe it's training you to button mash/play cheaply.

My preferred cheap move is Raphael's forward-plus-repeated-vertical-attack.