Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are the region 3 korean English films from koreandvds as good as the US in picture q

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Are the region 3 korean English films from koreandvds as good as the US in picture q

Old 09-01-03, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the Korean english counterparts or Japanese such as Titanic, Broken Arrow etc are as good as the US, Canadian DVD's in picture quality.

I,ve read some reviews in ElectronicReality that Con Air and Face off were bad.

Has everyone been satisfied with their purchases or were there any bad examples.

Please let me know as I'm interested in purchasing anamorphic and DTS films from ASIA that the US don't have.

Plus are the Korean Bitwin releases good such as Heat DTS and Cliffhanger DTS.

Last edited by Jonam; 09-01-03 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-01-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the Bitwin DTS of Heat and was informed, and then saw for myself on my widescreen that the DTS version of Heat is only on the 1.85:1, not the OAR of 2.35:1 which only has 5.1. It is a shame. The picture quality and sound on the DTS is FANTASTIC!!!