Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-03, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Who here likes the tv show Angel? David Boreanaz is...wonderful. I can't wait for the new season to start. The second season finally comes to DVD on Sept 2nd. Is anyone looking forward to this? Does anyone have the first season on DVD?
Old 08-29-03, 05:20 PM

Not only do I have the first season, I got the second season on Wednesday night (found a store that breached the on-sale date). It's part of why I've been getting almost no sleep this week. Yeah, it's good ****.

There are quite a few AtS fans here...just do a search for "Angel".

I suppose this is as good a place as any to post a link to the Amy Acker FHM (UK) pics

Last edited by areacode212; 08-29-03 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-29-03, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have the first three seasons on DVD and am eagerly awaiting the release of Season 4. It took me a while to warm up to the show. The "monster of the week" format of the first year didn't really interest me and I wasn't really down with the season-ending arc of the second year. But the last two seasons have been terrific and vastly superior to anything Buffy's had to offer during that time("Once More With Feeling" notwithstanding).

As far as David Boreanaz is concerned, he's definitely grown into the role(no fat jokes, please!). One only need to compare his first appearance on Buffy to his impressive performance in the Season 4 finale "Home" for proof.
Old 08-29-03, 10:30 PM

Huge Angel fan here. It's been my favorite show ever since midway through season 2. Can't wait for the season 2 DVD and season 5 to start. Amberlicious, you will find a lot of Angel fans on this board. As far as David is concerned...I think David is great because he is from my hometown and I still watch his Father broadcast the weather every night!
Old 08-29-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Angel is probably the show I am most looking forward to starting up again this fall.

Season 4 was amazing and I hope the show can keep up to that level of storytelling.
Old 08-30-03, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another serious Angel fan here. It's the show I'm most looking forward to this fall as well. I think that show really takes advantage of being on television telling grand, season long stories. Everything about that show just makes me happy. One of the few shows I watch religiously.
Old 08-30-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Definitely looking forward to seeing the season premiere. I'll miss Charisma Carpenter though.
Old 08-30-03, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I've been missing Charisma Carpenter for the better part of the last season. In the grand scheme, I think the show's better off with no Cordy than bad Cordy.
Old 08-31-03, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Up to mid season 3 I loved it.
Old 08-31-03, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by BizRodian
Up to mid season 3 I loved it.
I liked mid-season 3 through season 4 more than what came before.

I think people either preferred the MotW structure with a continuing backstory format OR they preferred the one long story arc structure.

I loved the one long story arc. Season 4 was by far my favorite Season, although I am glad that Connor is gone.

and I too will sadly miss Cordy
Old 08-31-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I like long arcs, just not that one is all. I loved early season 3's long arc, I just didn't like how it turned out in the end
Old 08-31-03, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Cordy She better do guest appearences!