Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Iron Maiden's "Wildest Dreams" DVD single is Reg. 2!!!!!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-29-03, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to the listing from What Records the dvd single of Iron Maiden's latest single is a region 2 dvd only! I was hoping it would be region-free. Anyone else have any further information?
Old 08-29-03, 03:52 PM

Nope, but I wish I did. It's a shame Maiden do not release singles in the U.S. I really thought they would, in this case, but it seems we are left out yet again. Maybe if Maiden got a DJ, wore stupid looking clothes with thier caps on sideways, sing made up B.S. about how hard life is, had an overpayed possie jumpin' around on thier stage, claim to have been shot a couple of times for added effect, and paraded around in pimped out cars selling shoes and pimple cream on TV while raping over "Run to the Hills. Maybe just maybe, we American fans could get a single released by Iron Maiden on this side of the pond.
Old 08-29-03, 10:41 PM

Hey! Thanks for the info and the link! I just ordered one.
Old 08-30-03, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Mike Long
Hey! Thanks for the info and the link! I just ordered one.

No problem, just let us know when you get it if, in fact, it is region 2 only.
Old 09-02-03, 07:45 PM

Hey Mike, I just ordered the 7 inch vynil and the CD single from What Records also. Did they say anything to you about shipping and handleing? It was a bit strange ordering from them. I owed only around 10 pounds, and that doesn't seem right to get something shipped from overseas.

Also it seems(not confirmed) the single was to be released in Canada, but there was no info on if the DVD single would be available there also. If it goes to Canada, it would have ot be region 1. We need a Maiden fan from Canada to do a little research for us.

Have you guys heard any songs from DOD yet? Wait untill you hear the title track, it may sound close to the "Clansman" in the begining, but it kicks major butt, and blows anything off of Brave New World away IMO. "Rainmaker" is great also!!! I can't wait untill next week!!!
Old 09-02-03, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by raiders757
Hey Mike, I just ordered the 7 inch vynil and the CD single from What Records also. Did they say anything to you about shipping and handleing? It was a bit strange ordering from them. I owed only around 10 pounds, and that doesn't seem right to get something shipped from overseas.
The DVD single was 2.95 pounds and shipping was only ~ 3.95 pounds. It seemed cheap to me as well, but I'm not complaining. I'll update when the DVD arrives.
Old 09-02-03, 10:33 PM

I just thought 10 pounds sounded a bit cheap for both, with shipping, from so far away. I can't wait till they get here, even though I will have the album already. Lets us know when you get yours.

Rainmaker!!

You tell me we can stop the rain
You tell me that we all can change
You tell me we can find some pain
to wash the tears away

Kicks A**
Old 09-03-03, 11:14 AM

Guys, I've downloaded the entire album!!!!! It is so awesome! Try the same links you used to download the title track and "Rainmaker." Let me know what you think.
Old 09-03-03, 02:07 PM

I just got back from the UK yesterday. I went into a Virgin and an HMV there and no one could tell me what region the DVD was, although they said usually DVD-singles are region 2 and 4 only. But the DVD itself, as well as the insert and the case says nothing about region.

Needless to say, I just picked up the 7" instead.
Old 09-03-03, 06:03 PM

I've heard five songs now I'm not to sure I want to download anymore. I banned buying new CD's around 7 years ago. I only break my ban for Rush and Iron Maidnen, so I don't get the excitement of buying a new album much anymore, so I want to have a little bit of a surprise left. I'm kind of wishing I hadn't heard any of the songs yet, but at the same time, I've been going crazy waiting for this album.

What I have heard so far, is far greater than what they did on Brave New World, and the best they have put out since 7th Son of a 7th Son. I just hope the rest of the songs can match Monstegur and Dance of death. If they do, we are in for one hell of an album. So far Wildest Dreams is the weakest one, and like that one as well.

As for the B-Side of Wildest dreams, Pass the Jam, I didn't think a lot of it, but it is still a fun one to have. Can't wait untill my singles arrive.
Old 09-03-03, 10:52 PM

Raiders, the rest of the songs are funkin awesome, especially Paschendale. That has to be one of the finest epics they've ever done.
Old 09-04-03, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I look forward to it, but what I really want is the region 1 DVD-AUDIO of the entire CD!!!! Somehow I doubt it will be out day and date with the 2-channel CD though.
Old 09-05-03, 08:51 PM

The 5.1 DVD Audio of Dance of Death will be out, in the U.S., sometime in Oct., I beleave.
Old 09-10-03, 01:27 PM

OK, the "Wildest Dreams" DVD single arrived today. First, it's in a CD jewel case, not a DVD case, and that's a disappoinment, as I wanted to put it with my other Maiden DVDs.

As for playability, it appears that the DVD is PAL, but not R2 only. I couldn't test it on my 2 DVD players, as they are both region-free. It played fine on my XBOX, which isn't hacked in any way. On my PS2, I got the message "TV System Doesn't Match". When I tried it in the DVD-Rom, the configuration menu stated that it was Region 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and PAL. So, it looks as if you will still need a PAL player/TV to watch the disc.

Oh, and I was charged only 6.75 pounds total.