Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Lexx: The Complete Third Season'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Shannon Nutt's DVD review of Lexx: The Complete Third Season at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=7215 and...

A few things first: Stanley Tweedle is a security guard, 4th class (I think that's his class number, if I remember correctly), and Kai has been dead for some 6000 years (if my memory of the series' chronology is right). Xev and 790 have an interesting relationship, which has to be seen rather than explained. In any case, the first season explain how they all got together and the second season shows their antics in greater detail.

The third season is by far the best one. The fist one was made up of 4 very fun TV movies, the second one was okay, and was a lot of fun but went all over the place. It kind of got lost at times, I found. The third one is completely awesome with great characters and one hell of a bad guy. Every episode ends with a very well-thought out twist that made me throw things at my TV and made watch the next episode the very next Monday night.

I stopped watching it about 4 or 5 episodes into the 4th season. One of the really big attractions to the series for me was that it took place in a goofy universe that was completely different. It was a completely constucted universe with different rules and things you wouldn't see anywhere else. The fourth season finds the crew on Earth and that turned me off completely.

I might watch the next season if I can, but I don't think it'll be even remotely as good as the third one.

(Fun note: the show's creator is called Lex Geigeroff (that may be spelled wrong, I'm too tired to go look for it), so now you know where the ship got its name.)

Last edited by pat00139; 08-28-03 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-30-03, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fourth season of Lexx is brilliant, it satirizes seemingly every country and is especially vicious towards hillbillies (and a certain president), gun nuts, and the ATF. Other countries also get the Lexx treatment. The fourth season of Lexx is by far the funniest (the third has the best story), and it has an entire episode based around a chess match between Prince and Kai (with the cast as living chess pieces) that has to be one of the most inventive hours of TV I've seen in years.