Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MTV's Who's Got Game

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-03, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTV's Who's Got Game

Didn't see anything on this, anyone else check this series out? I ended up Tivoing the entire season and moderately enjoyed it; I'm a hoops junkie.

The finale tonight was definitely a surprise; who would have guessed a skinny white kid named "White Chocolate" would be the big winner?

That looked like some seriously rough ball, not exactly the way I kick it in the men's rec league! Decent show, surprise ending, I'm happy enough for summer viewing.
Old 08-25-03, 12:14 PM
Suspended

the show was ok. i stopped watching it half way through cuz i didnt like the whole layout of the show, and all the good players got knocked out early. plus, besides white chocolate, no one there was really "street". i think Hot Sauce could destroy any of those guys.
Old 08-25-03, 01:35 PM

Is this the one where everyone is fighting @ each episode?
Old 08-25-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never heard of any of these guys before the show and I still don't think they're all that good anyway. Give me the ESPN Streetball series any day.
Old 08-26-03, 01:20 AM

I agree that Streetball is the superior show. In fact, I remember last season White Chocolate was on it at the Detroit (I think) open run. The format was poor, but I'm all about hoops in the summer.
Old 08-26-03, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

White Chocolate was probably the most consistent performer. The ending wasn't that big of a surprise
Old 08-26-03, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, he never friggin lost. I don't like the last battle though, is it still considered "Street Ball" when your defense is just basically jumping on a guy's back the whole time?
Old 08-26-03, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish they had betting for these shows. I predicted WC to win it all after the first episode, and on Surf Girls I predicted Jen to win it all too.
Old 08-31-03, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

White Chocolate was the only real street baller there. I highly doubt the rest of those people were the best in the country.
Old 08-31-03, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i liked this show alot since im a huge basketball fan, player, watcher, etc. what i hated is how they had to target the show for basically NON basketball fans. acting as if those who watch have never played before. very annoying.

the replay/slo mo crap also got annoying. 30 minute show and they basically had 5 minutes of bball in there because of the extra crap. like everyone else, i agree streetball on espn is far better.

however, i ended up seeing all episodes EXCEPT the last. i would have never thought white chocolate would have won until i realized how good he was. he never lost i think.

the format of the show was pretty bad too with the blacktop battles n such. and no offense but why were there two girls on the show? obviously they werent as good and they were always picked last or close to it (them and the other white dude).
Old 08-31-03, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by SPiRAL
I wish they had betting for these shows. I predicted WC to win it all after the first episode, and on Surf Girls I predicted Jen to win it all too.
being that the winners are known before the shows are even aired, no one would be dumb enough to accept bets.
Old 09-01-03, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by atari2600
however, i ended up seeing all episodes EXCEPT the last.
Same here and like with every show on MTV I want to see, but miss they never replayed it. I checked mtv.com to see if they were ever going to replay it again and it shows that it is going to replay almost a full month after it aired in hte middle of September.