Friday 13th Box Set?

Community
Search

Friday 13th Box Set?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-03, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope, probably won't happen either with all the fims because of split ownership rights (at least in the U.S)
Old 08-21-03, 01:11 PM

There was a rumor about a box set for the first 8 movies uncut. As for 9-10 there are availble in a Uncut version.
Old 08-21-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here we go again
Old 08-21-03, 01:34 PM

I can't find it. But it said that there was going to re-release the first 8 DVD it some extra and hopefully uncut.
Old 08-21-03, 01:55 PM

I found it

In other Paramount news, fans of that big guy in a hockey mask have been clamoring for special edition reissues of the Friday the 13th series for some time now, so we talked with Paramount Home Entertainment's head of publicity Martin Blythe, who had some good news for fans of the sultan of summer camp slaughter.

Holding distribution rights to the first eight films in the never-ending series, Paramount is currently in the beginning stages of planning new reissues of the Friday flicks, although due to the very limited availability of archival materials, just what form such a release would take, such as a box set, remains formative. There is also no word on whether uncut versions of the films, which remains highly requested by fans of the series, will be possible to include. As for a release date, a late 2004 arrival is hoped for. Watch this space!
(source: dvdfile)
Old 08-21-03, 02:29 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
---> ? <---
Old 08-21-03, 02:52 PM

There's a specially packaged "box set" of them through Columbia House, but not a nice official one.
Old 08-21-03, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sept 19th...Paramount is throwing some sort of promotional party where the announcements on the box set will be made public.

There are threads on the news somwhere on here.

All i can say is,they better be uncut!
Old 08-26-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
Rumor has it that Paramount will be making a huge announcement within the next few weeks regarding an unrated special edition box set of the first eight Friday the 13th films.

Coming straight from a reliable source, Cinescape reports, "The suits at Paramount have always looked down their noses at their moneymaking slasher series. There must've been cigars all around when they sold the rotting franchise off to New Line. Well, now that Ronny Yu has hit a home run with FREDDY VS. JASON (and do I need to tell you who walked away from that scuffle?), and a region 2 uncut special edition DVD of part one has been well received, they may be seeing some potential in the eight Friday the 13th titles still in their possession. Our source inside Paramount Home Video (gotta admit, they've taken some strides lately to erase their reputation for only caring about their STAR TREK releases) let it slip that we should pay close attention for an announcement of some kind to coincide with the special screening of FRIDAY THE 13th on September 19 at Maniafest.
Old 08-26-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like I may hold off on buying these individually until I find out more information.

Cool news.....hope it is true!
Old 08-26-03, 04:46 PM

Where I work we've sold out of all the F13 DVDs. Virgin Records in Times Square has the DVDs on display (along with the NOES DVDs) and it looks like they sold a lot because the F13 side is pretty empty. Also in Times Square, Planet Hollywood has their lobby/gift shop decked out with F13/NOES merchandise and decorations.
Old 08-26-03, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've called around trying to find part 4 & 5 and no luck. Infact, all I can find is part 9.
Old 08-26-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep,usually Best Buy & other stores had at least one copy of all the Friday films on the shelf. Yet now they are all gone. Which is good news for the studio.

Now the uncut versons if not priced so outrageously. Should get enough people to purchase them. The diehard fans are a no-brainer. The rest of the people out there,i'm sure will be curious to see whats been missing all these years.

Though lets wait until further word,before getting our hopes up for uncut versions just yet.
Old 08-26-03, 06:42 PM

All the F13 DVDs were in Amazon's top 1,000 the weekend FVJ was out... I haven't checked since then but I'm suprised to find most are still scoring very well and most are low stock or sold out:
Part 1 463
Part 2 701
Part 3 585
Part 4 627
Part 5 649
Part 6 584
Part 7 756
Part 8 1,038
Part 9 887
Part 10 8,230

all but 1,4,9&10 sold out at Towerrecords.com
Old 08-26-03, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by Julie Walker
Yep,usually Best Buy & other stores had at least one copy of all the Friday films on the shelf. Yet now they are all gone. Which is good news for the studio.

Now the uncut versons if not priced so outrageously. Should get enough people to purchase them.
all the current Paramount versions have come down to $14.99 which is why they're moving now (for $20+ I don't think casual fans who saw FVJ would pick them up). If they do a boxed set which is what seems to be what they're hinting at, 8 movies are a lot... I would expect it to be priced between $100-200 and it'll be just for the fans and the curious with money to burn. I can't see Paramount marketing this to the masses. Horror convention people, etc, yeah....