Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Freddy vs. Jason II: Please God, let THIS happen.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-03, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is from Coming Soon which was posted on the 11th, so get a load of this...

With Freddy vs. Jason set to take over the box office this weekend, Creature Corner has received interesting word on what kind of sequel talk is already going on at New Line.

Reliable sources have revealed that one of the current ideas being tossed around includes a scenario where Freddy and Jason would team-up against a common enemy: Bruce Campbell as Ash from the "Evil Dead" films. As crazy as it might sound, this concept has apparently been met with a great deal of enthusiasm in the upper-echelons of New Line Cinema. (Not to mention the degrees of separation: "FvsJ" producer Sean S. Cunningham directed Campbell in last years "Terminal Invasion" for the SciFi Channel.)
...and a more detailed report from the source of that, Creature Corner...

On the eve of the release of New Line's "Freddy Vs. Jason," it should come as no surprise to discover that the grinding wheels of development are already hard at work on concepts for the next film in the inevitable "Freddy & Jason" franchise.

Reliable sources have revealed that one of the current ideas being tossed around includes a scenario where Freddy and Jason would team-up against a common enemy: Bruce Campbell as Ash from the "Evil Dead" films. As crazy as it might sound, this concept has apparently been met with a great deal of enthusiasm in the upper-echelons of New Line Cinema. (Not to mention the degrees of separation: "FvsJ" producer Sean S. Cunningham directed Campbell in last years "Terminal Invasion" for the SciFi Channel.)

While it's impossible to predict what sort of "unknowns" might prevent this concept from seeing the light of day (like, say, the rights holders of the "Evil Dead" series or Campbell himself saying no) it's interesting to know that New Line is at least considering what could turn out to be many a fanboy's dream team-up "plus one" for the not-to-distant future...

...stranger things have happened. Just remember, you heard it here first.
...if that happens, I'll never have to watch another horror film as long as I live. I will have witnessed the coolest thing, of all time.
Old 08-16-03, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An Ash movie without Sam Raimi would be a bad idea, but I doubt Bruce Campbell would do it without him anyway.

While I do love this idea, I just can't even begin to imagine the story contrivances that must happen in order to get Ash in a plot with Freddy and Jason. Plus, they would almost have to change Ash significantly, because as of right now, Ash would get his ass handed to him. Sorry to say.
Old 08-16-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Already posted: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=Freddy
Old 08-16-03, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I wish to god that this doesn't happen. Watching Evil dead, Evil dead 2 and Army of darkness, the character sadly shouldn't last five minutes with jason or freddy.

I seem to have a Leatherface Vs Jason comic done by TOPPS some time ago... I'm sure they will find plenty of ways to mix this up.
Old 08-16-03, 06:41 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
... might as well throw in Pinhead, Pumkinhead, some Critters, Chucky, Candyman, The Creeper, Dr. Giggles, The Tooth Fairy, Samara Morgan, and a Ghoulie for good measure.

In order for Ash to even make a dent something ultra supernatural would have to happen to him, which would make the movie even more unbelievable.
Old 08-16-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Leatherface in the sequel would be more believable due to New Line owning the TCM franchise.

Ash would be cool, but i think he would get his ass kicked.

I also heard the guy who owns the Micheal Myers lincense wants myers in the sequel, if this is a success, which I sure is safe to say it is.
Old 08-16-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I still wouldn't want to see Myers in the franchies either. He doesn't strike me as being able to hold up to snuff with what Jason or freddy can dish out.
Old 08-16-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
I would hate to see this because of the tone of Jason and Freddy is so radicly different than the tone of Ash. Ash is essitially a cartoon character. Even more so than Freddy. They would either have to make him more 'serious' and realisitic, or dumb Freddy and Jason back down to the most ludicrisness of their worst sequals. As the character are now, Ash would be in no more danger fighting Freddy or Jason than the coyote is falling off a cliff.
Old 08-16-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also heard the guy who owns the Micheal Myers lincense wants myers in the sequel, if this is a success, which I sure is safe to say it is.
Oh God please no. Michael Myers is the original, and that character set the standard with the first two Halloweens, and especially the first. Jason is nothing more than a ripoff of Michael, and tried to duplicate the formula and couldn't. None of the Jason and Freddy movies came close to the greatness of Halloween or it's characters. The original Nightmare is the only good film out of those two franchises. Michael Myers is the only real horror character I have any affection for. So keep him out of this. Hollywood has soiled Michael Myers enough with H20 and Halloween III. Don't soil him further by sticking him into a sequel that's gotten slammed by critics. Besides, Michael would kill both of these ass clowns in about a half an hour, then go have a sandwich.
Old 08-16-03, 11:06 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
... skip the mask and just throw in Will Shatner with white grease paint on his face and give him a Miracle Blade 3. Save money and gain a sponsor.
Old 08-16-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd like to Freddy and Jason vs Ben and J-lo and every cast member of every reality show ever made.

Get these people out of my life!!!
Old 08-17-03, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Freddy vs. Jason made $13.6 million on Friday, so a sequel is probably a sure bet now. I would like to see Myers in the mix in the next one too. He, like Freddy and Jason, is an evil demon who can't die, including his franchise. Sorry, but Leatherface would get ripped in half by any of them in about 5 minutes.
Old 08-17-03, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Continue here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=Freddy