Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mtv Made 08 / 09

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mtv Made 08 / 09

Did anyone see Made : I want to be a triathlete ?
The subject was a kid named Jordan. This kid was hilarious, all he did was complain and moan, but he did try hard non the less. The funniest part was when he was lifting weights and his trainer told him to do it straighter , he said , " This is as straight as I go " , then gave the camera a little wink.
Old 08-12-03, 07:50 PM

I saw it. Jordan's constant whining and feminine traits did get on my nerves, but it was entertaining. I didn't catch the wink at the camera, but I don't find it hard to believe that this kid is gay. I thought the funniest part were the other boys teasing him at the track. They were cruel, but I laughed anyway. Jordan's skinny female friend was kind of cute. He should have been putting the moves on her...........if he wasn't gay.
Old 08-12-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Not that this means he's straight, but he did say that the woman bodybuilder that was helping him with his diet was "hot".

Btw, the best made was the I want to be a bmx freestyler. That was awesome.
Old 08-12-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Joeboo835
Not that this means he's straight, but he did say that the woman bodybuilder that was helping him with his diet was "hot".

Ya, that was because he didn't want the "track jocks" to learn (not that is was obvious) that he was indeed gay. Gayer than gay. It would have been something else they would have made fun of him about. And that would have made him cry, shake his hands and go dive into a banana split.
Old 08-12-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

eveyrone on that show complains...and then ends up succeeding.

i hate how everything on mtv always ends up working out (except taildaters). i want to see people fail. thats good tv right there.
Old 08-12-03, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would imagine that there are episodes of MADE that will never see the light of day because the person failed to reach their goal.
Old 08-12-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The high school girl who wanted to win a beauty pageant didn't get her goal. She got last place.
Old 08-12-03, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by atari2600
eveyrone on that show complains...and then ends up succeeding.

i hate how everything on mtv always ends up working out (except taildaters). i want to see people fail. thats good tv right there.
there was some chick who wanted to be president of her class and the Made people weren't enough to fix her crappy attitude and she lost the election But that's the only failure I've seen on there
Old 08-13-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

ok well i gotta see those two episodes. watching people fail rules because i then feel better about myself because i didnt fail like they did.
Old 08-13-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've seen bits and pieces of the class pres and triathalon episodes but the BMX girl one was really outstanding. I thought the show would be stupid but I gotta say, she was impressive. Great episode.
Old 08-13-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It is good to see a few people really work at it and accomplish something and it's even better to see the jerks who half-ass their way through a major opportunity fail.
It's just too bad that a lot of the lazy ones seem to meet their goals too.
Old 08-13-03, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw the first half of the bmx gurl episode. What happened in the end?
Old 08-13-03, 10:43 AM
Banned

Originally posted by boston george
I saw the first half of the bmx gurl episode. What happened in the end?
She became the 2nd girl ever to do a backflip in competition. That girl was cool, she had a good attitude. What made that show interesting was that she wanted to succeed but her wack friends didnt want to support her.

The worse Made shows have ben that chubby lifeguard and the beauty pageant. They had terrible attitudes, all they did was whine and feel bad for themselves.
Old 08-13-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although Jordan was so annoying when he constantly whined, I couldn't help but feel for the kid. I missed the wink, but I think it was blatantly obvious that he was gay. The bodybuilder in the store was so manly looking, maybe that's why he said she was hot I didn't think he had made a big improvement until they showed the before and after pictures at the end of the show.

Originally posted by Lateralus42
She became the 2nd girl ever to do a backflip in competition. That girl was cool, she had a good attitude. What made that show interesting was that she wanted to succeed but her wack friends didnt want to support her.
The girl in the BMX competition was probably my favorite made episode. At first she seemed really stuck up, but by the end she seemed like a girl that would be cool to hang out with.
Old 08-13-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Lateralus42

It was even better than that. She hurt her ankle practicing. Between that and slow learning she only had 2 days to learn a trick. She got pretty good at doing a backflip and landing in a pile of foam but never tried landing on actual "resin" (or whatever it's called). When it came to the actual competition they wanted her to do a one-handed thing that sounded really lame. She didn't want to do something so weak after all her hard work so she said she was doing a backflip. Everyone was really nervous since she'd never tried it on a hard landing and if she landed wrong she could actually kill herself. She tried it once, landed totally wrong, took a hard spill and broke her bike. It was pretty shocking. She dusted herself off and the adrenaline was pumping so hard she demanded to try again, borrowing someone else's bike that was a totally different size from hers. So now she's rattled, on a bike she's never been on before and all eyes are on her. And she does it perfectly. It was tense but it paid off. It was really cool.