Young Ones: Canada Vs. American?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-03, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologises if this has been asked before, but anybody know if there are any differences between the Candian and US versions of the Young Ones: Every Stoopid Episode? Does the Canadian version have French on the packaging? I'd rather pay a few dollars more to get a US copy if so. Thanks!
Old 08-11-03, 06:10 AM

I would hold out to see if the R2 version of the second half of the series has all the musical numbers intact (some are cut from the R1 release)
Old 08-11-03, 11:48 AM

Canadian and US versions are the *same* version. There is no French on it.
Old 08-13-03, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Londo
I would hold out to see if the R2 version of the second half of the series has all the musical numbers intact (some are cut from the R1 release)
Really? Do you know which ones were cut?
Old 08-15-03, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Young Ones: Canada Vs. American?

Originally posted by Skank
Apologises if this has been asked before, but anybody know if there are any differences between the Candian and US versions of the Young Ones: Every Stoopid Episode?
A good way to check to see if the Canadian release is the same as a US one is to check the ASIN number on amazon.com and see if it matches the ASIN number on amazon.ca

If they are the same, the same version is being sold in both countries (unless the version on amazon.ca says it is an import).
Old 08-15-03, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Far as I know only two cuts were made -- Neil made a joke using the lyrics from "Sound of Silence" in Nasty that was cut for rights reasons, and the musical act in Cash, Ken Bishop's Nice Twelve, an ad hoc ensemble including Stewart Copeland of The Police, performing Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues is cut, apparently also due to rights issues.

I dunno if they're in the Canadian version, but if the same rights issues are international, then I'd think they wouldn't be... No big shakes anyway, IMHO the music numbers are often the weakest part of Young Ones eps.
Old 08-17-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks! I was thinking about buying this at the studio store and got nervious when I read about the cuts. Sounds like a non-issue now that I know more.
Old 08-17-03, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Young Ones: Canada Vs. American?

Originally posted by garmonbozia
A good way to check to see if the Canadian release is the same as a US one is to check the ASIN number on amazon.com and see if it matches the ASIN number on amazon.ca

If they are the same, the same version is being sold in both countries (unless the version on amazon.ca says it is an import).
Not true. I ordered the Two Mules for Sister Sara DVD and ended up getting the Canadian bilingual version instead.

The same ASIN numbers at both sites.
Old 08-18-03, 03:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Young Ones: Canada Vs. American?

Originally posted by J.P.V.
Not true. I ordered the Two Mules for Sister Sara DVD and ended up getting the Canadian bilingual version instead.

The same ASIN numbers at both sites.
That may be true for other movies, but not for the "BBC Video" releases in North America. I think I'm right in saying that Warner has the licence for BOTH the US and Canada markets and they simply send the US DVDs/VHS tapes up to Canada.

This was certainly true when Fox Video had the rights to the BBC Video name.