Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beg, Borrow & Deal 2 - 8/5

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-03, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beg, Borrow & Deal 2 - 8/5

There was an eerie scene in tonight's episode. The teams met in Chicago for a competition. Jay Williams of the Bulls participated in the competition. ESPN included a shot of Jay Williams on his motorcyle following the competition. As most of you probably know, Jay Williams was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident recently. It seems to me that including the shot was in questionable taste. Did anyone else see this and feel the same way?
Old 08-07-03, 11:32 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Beg, Borrow & Deal 2 - 8/5

Originally posted by ltfisher
It seems to me that including the shot was in questionable taste.

I didn't think so - its not like they showed the accident in question.

BTW, is anyone else still watching this show?
Old 08-07-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I hear that Casey Kasem's daughter is a contestant on this. Saw her on Howard Stern and she looked pretty damn fine.
Old 08-07-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Beg, Borrow & Deal 2 - 8/5

• Quoth MrN •<HR SIZE=1>I didn't think so - its not like they showed the accident in question.<HR SIZE=1>

Yeah, but showing him say "I'm not supposed to have this" while sitting on his motorcycle was unnecessary and very eerie.

Anyway, recent gripes about the show. I can understand that Kerri is annoying, but did her team forget that she single-handedly completed 3 of their first 5 tasks? She's the one who bruised her leg all to hell, called the freakin' Maloofs and made the three-pointer. Stacey, on the other hand, has been useless (except winning the game of P-I-G). I don't know. It may have been the right call, but in the way it was edited they sure glossed over how much good Kerri had done for the team.

Speaking of which, wtf is wrong with her for telling the Maloofs it was important enough to drop $60,000 on this? The prize for winning the whole competition isn't even worth that much. That's crazy. I loved the look on prissy little Annemarie's face when Kerri jumped out of the bushes: "what's up, team CAKE!!!!!!" And come on, girl ... the guy just ate 10 hot dogs for you in addition to having mad connections in every city you've been. Let him look at the stripper for 5 seconds.

Btw, thanks to ESPN for bumping this to midnight in favor of RERUNS of the WSOP.

das