Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Freddy vs. Jason Question

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-03, 09:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read a mini-review of the movie (positive btw) and the reviewer wasn't allowed to see the ending because it was a screener. My question: Is it inevitable that neither Jason nor Freddy will actually "win" at the end of the movie? I mean, you just KNOW that they will leave it open for a sequel won't they?
Old 08-05-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Wordfromyamotha says that there might have been two endings filmed.
Old 08-05-03, 09:42 PM

nice one
Old 08-05-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
I read that, but then they said they decided to go with on ending. So I'd say no to the two ending rumor. However, if it was done, they could either be downplaying it, or it could end up on the dvd. But I also thought I read they only filmed on ending. However, that could just go back to the throw off tactic again.
Old 08-05-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I heard there were two endings. Freddy beats Jason in the North American version, but Godzilla beats them both in the Japanese cut.
Old 08-06-03, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Freddy vs. Jason Question

Originally posted by wordtoyamotha
Just read a mini-review of the movie (positive btw) and the reviewer wasn't allowed to see the ending because it was a screener. My question: Is it inevitable that neither Jason nor Freddy will actually "win" at the end of the movie? I mean, you just KNOW that they will leave it open for a sequel won't they?

Recently read an interview with Robert Englund who plays Freddy Kreuger and he stated that indeed the ending leaves it open for a sequel BUT he also says there is a clear victor and "the torch was passed on" so to speak. So he says sequels could be in the works, but only for the survivor.
Old 08-06-03, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Re: Re: Freddy vs. Jason Question

I'm actually routing for Freddy courtesy of Ronny Yu's decision to replace Kane Hodder who apparently didn't convey enough emotion in his eyes and wasn't the right physical type ...or whatever it was.

Originally posted by WNYXican
Recently read an interview with Robert Englund who plays Freddy Kreuger and he stated that indeed the ending leaves it open for a sequel BUT he also says there is a clear victor and "the torch was passed on" so to speak. So he says sequels could be in the works, but only for the survivor.
If someone does bite the dust, they'll just be resurrected from hell yet again in a few years. I doubt New Line will kill either franchise anytime soon.
Old 08-06-03, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm rooting for Jason, he's a better bad ass Freddy was a child molester... now thats evil!
Old 08-06-03, 03:04 AM

Jason has to win because he went to outer space in the future in Jason X.
Old 08-06-03, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm actually routing for Freddy courtesy of Ronny Yu's decision to replace Kane Hodder who apparently didn't convey enough emotion in his eyes and wasn't the right physical type ...or whatever it was.
I've never understood the Kane Hodder worship. I'm not a Friday fan. Then again I'm not a Freddy fan either, with the original being the exception. But what does this guy do that deserves so much devotion? He has no lines, he doesn't emote with his face. He walks around in a hockey mask and swings a machete. Anyone can do that. I'm not anti-Hodder, but c'mon. It takes no talent to do what he does.

I could understand if it was Robert England was was replaced. He actually has to speak, as well as look like Robert Englund in the makeup. He also has to act, albeit not all that much. But the guy playing Jason doesn't. Just get a big guy who can stalk and swing that blade.
Old 08-06-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Terrell
I've never understood the Kane Hodder worship. I'm not a Friday fan. Then again I'm not a Freddy fan either, with the original being the exception. But what does this guy do that deserves so much devotion? He has no lines, he doesn't emote with his face. He walks around in a hockey mask and swings a machete. Anyone can do that. I'm not anti-Hodder, but c'mon. It takes no talent to do what he does.

I could understand if it was Robert England was was replaced. He actually has to speak, as well as look like Robert Englund in the makeup. He also has to act, albeit not all that much. But the guy playing Jason doesn't. Just get a big guy who can stalk and swing that blade.
What? Dude, they don't just give out MTV Movie Awards to anyone!

Wait, what? What was that? They do? Oh, nevermind then. Continue.

K
Old 08-06-03, 09:09 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Freddy vs. Jason Question

Originally posted by WNYXican
i am seeing "torch passed on" as meaning they are both killed by one person who will inevitably go wacko after living through it all a la "The Final Chapter" & "A New Beginning." maybe they thought up a character that is SOOO bad ass to "pass the torch to".
Old 08-06-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Or Jason dies and "passes the torch" to Michael Meyers so he can finish Freddy off..or vice versa for the Jason fans.
Old 08-06-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Or Jason dies and "passes the torch" to Michael Meyers
That is what should happen... pass it on to the real badass of horror movies
Old 08-06-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
I have a question...

What's the plot? I mean, sure...it's Freddy VS Jason...fighting. But there has to be some sort of structure. Anyone know what it is?
Old 08-06-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

2 endings would kick ass.
Old 08-06-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by troystiffler
I have a question...

What's the plot? I mean, sure...it's Freddy VS Jason...fighting. But there has to be some sort of structure. Anyone know what it is?
they help each other get out of hell with the promise of jason getting to kill. both end up going after each others victums and choas ensues. not sure if that's 100% accurate. I've heard it such a long time ago
Old 08-06-03, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts
All the kids of Elm Street are doped up by their parents (or something like that) so they wont dream. This leaves Freddy weakened without a fresh supply of souls. So he decides to pretend to be Mrs. Voorhies and convinces Jason to leave Crystal Lake and wreak havock on Elm Street. The idea is so the kids don't get their regular fix and, when they eventually dream, their asses belong to Freddy. Problem is that Jason's bloodlust is greater than Freddy imagined and he is offing Freddy's victims. Freddy is seriously pissed but unable to do anything about it (since he is so weak) but he does manage to posses some of the kids to square off with Jason and eventualy Freddy leaves the dream world (I have no idea how but assume he dupes one of the kids into helping him out) but with all his powers intact in the real world. Then all hell breaks loose.

Not an award winning plot. But, then again, these films were never known for deep character studies of flawed individuals and the mass murderers that prey on them.

Last edited by RocShemp; 08-06-03 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-06-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks. I'm definatly going opening night now. Sounds cool.
Old 08-06-03, 12:12 PM

HELLO???? SPOILER?!?!?!?

Originally posted by RocShemp
All the kids of Elm Street are doped up by their parents (or something like that) so they wont dream. This leaves Freddy weakened without a fresh supply of souls. So he decides to pretend to be Mrs. Voorhies and convinces Jason to leave Crystal Lake and wreak havock on Elm Street. The idea is so the kids don't get their regular fix and, when they eventually dream, their asses belong to Freddy. Problem is that Jason's bloodlust is greater than Freddy imagined and he is offing Freddy's victims. Freddy is seriously pissed but unable to do anything about it (since he is so weak) but he does manage to posses some of the kids to square off with Jason and eventualy Freddy leaves the dream world (I have no idea how but assume he dupes one of the kids into helping him out) but with all his powers intact in the real world. Then all hell breaks loose.

Not an award winning plot. But, then again, these films were never known for deep character studies of flawed individuals and the mass murderers that prey on them.
Thanks for not having a spoiler warning.... ruined the movie for me.
Old 08-06-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: HELLO???? SPOILER?!?!?!?

Originally posted by KaBOB
You couldn't just stop reading? I doubt knowing the setup will ruin the movie, but if you don't want to know plot elements in advance you should skip posts that obviously cover this topic--spoiler tags or not.
Old 08-06-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: HELLO???? SPOILER?!?!?!?

Originally posted by KaBOB
Hardly a spoiler. It like the equivalent of saying that Schwartzenegger and a bigger, better machine duke it out in T2.

I'm still not sure if it will be good. Ronny Yu's last, Formula 51 was absolutly horrible.
Old 08-06-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by steebo777
That is what should happen... pass it on to the real badass of horror movies
Bwahahahaha, I cracked up when I read this. Myers is alright, but nowhere near as badass and vicious as Jason.
As for Kane Hodder, he wasn't just "some guy" walking around wearing a mask swinging a machete. He really put himself into the role, and used body movements and such that hadn't been used by any of Jason's other actors- none of which went more than one movie, while Hodder did four before being replaced. I wish he was doing FvJ, because he was looking forward to it just as much as the fans.
Old 08-06-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Re: HELLO???? SPOILER?!?!?!?

Originally posted by audrey
You couldn't just stop reading? I doubt knowing the setup will ruin the movie, but if you don't want to know plot elements in advance you should skip posts that obviously cover this topic--spoiler tags or not.
I agree.... come on, its a long paragraph, just read the first line and its obvious what else is coming as far as the storyline

As for Hodder, i never really paid attention to whose behind the mask in the Friday the 13th movies. It sucks to be left out like he was, but in the end... i doubt many people will watch the movie and think "kane hodder would have done a better job!"
Old 08-06-03, 05:39 PM

After reading the posts it sounds like a new killer will have the torch passed on to him. It even makes sense for the studio (new killer, more sequels, etc.). Of course that's just a guess based on a guess...ahhhh!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.