Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Larry Clark's Kids

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-03, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Larry Clark's Kids

Can anyone with a DVD of the movie tell me their running time and rating? I understand the film was rated NC-17, and then that rating was never used/surrendered. However, when I look at Amazon.com I see that both their VHS and their DVD are rated R. Is this a mis-print or was a censored version released? Also it is listed as 91 minutes instead of the 102 I've seen listed some places like DVDTalk's pricegrabber. When I go to deepdiscountdvd.com it's listed as unrated but the length is a truncated 91 minutes?

I want to make sure I get an uncensored version.
Thanks!
Old 08-05-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
according to the box its

91 min
Old 08-05-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts
I think all of the DVD versions (there are two different ones, the original release was a flipper with a WS version on one side and the FF version on the other; the current release is WS only), and both are, to the best of my knowledge, the full unrated cut.

There are two different runtimes listed, but one of them is incorrect. I'm thinking that the film, in its unrated form, runs 91 minutes.
Old 08-05-03, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Josh-da-man is correct. I investigated this "problem" myself before I bought the dvd. They both contain the same uncut version.
Old 08-05-03, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, picked it up at BB today. I really thought Bully was an excellent piece of work and I'm betting this should be just as good from what I've read.