Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

G4 availability

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-03, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G4 availability

Up until last week I was a 7 year customer to Dish Network till CS seemed to be going downhill and they struck out with me.

Now I'm a Direct tv customer but can't understand why Direct tv has no G4 in there line up.

Anyone know why they don't have it yet?

I guess we could bombard them with requests here:

http://www.g4tv.com/html/getg4.asp

Last edited by WOWZY; 07-31-03 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-31-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it seems pretty odd why this channel is only on a few different cable providers. I get it.

lets put it this way.. the channel is going to hold it's first awards next week. without a wider audiance, they could kiss any decent ratings goodbye.
Old 08-01-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How is this channel? I've always been curious but my cable company hasn't and probably won't pick it up. I was wondering because ever since Extended Play changed to X-Play it was been crap and I'd be interested if there were better alternatives.
Old 08-01-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has a few shows.

a review show which is decent

Arena - Two teams go against each other in a few different games (Unreal 2k3, Mechwarrior,etc.)

G4TV - their call in show

Pulse - Game news

Glow - stories of people playing games

and specials from the game makers. they take a game and they go behind the scenes of it. they also have a sort of history of.. type of show for different fields from consoles, to game characters

they pretty much cycle through the shows over and over and over again. if you've seen it for two days.. you've pretty much seen it for the entire month.
Old 08-02-03, 12:19 PM

Judgment Day, Pulse, G4TV, Players, Sweat, and Blister are all good. The main problem I have with Arena is that they always play the same games. Always Mechwarrior ,Unreal, and probably some lame fighting game to finish it off. They should play something else once in a while. There's plenty of multiplayer games out there to play better than those. Portal is a really goofy show. The Glow specials are boring. As for their Awards show, I hope Vice City sweeps most of the categories.

Last edited by Supreme Sean; 08-02-03 at 12:21 PM.