Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Better Freeway scene - Reloaded or Bad Boys 2?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Which movie had a better freeway scene: Matrix Reloaded or Bad Boys 2
Matrix Reloaded
59.72%
Bad Boys 2
27.78%
Neither.
12.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-03, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which one did you like better? I have to go with Bad Boys 2. As ridiculous as it sounds, it was more realistic.

Last edited by lesterlong; 07-23-03 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-23-03, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Better Movie: Bad Boys 2
Better Freeway Scene: The Matrix: Reloaded
Old 07-23-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
t3 anyone
Old 07-23-03, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bad Boys 2 had a better chase scene.

Originally posted by Rypro 525
t3 anyone
No. And let us never mention it again.
Old 07-23-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Bad Boys 2 had a better chase scene.

No. And let us never mention it again.
Too bad. T3 anyone?

As for the two, i liked Bad Boys 2 a bit better... can't wait for both of them on DVD though Hell, can't wait for T3 on DVD too. It's been a great year for Car Chases
Old 07-23-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on.. you know the amount of people (those people) that are just gonna pick Matrix because, well, they don't know better?

I've seen them both and despite my other reservations about Rave Scene Reloaded, this is a hard pick. Rave Scene had Laurence Fishburn doing some "I'm not really The One but look at the cool stuff I can do anyway!" stuff with a katana, and agents jumping from car to car. But I'm going to give the vote to Bad Boys because for crying out loud they THREW CARS AT THEM!! Oh, and the Bad Boys 2 scene wasn't trying to be cool, it just was. The amount of wanton destruction was at least DOUBLED in BB2 as well, add in a dash of comedy and we gots a winner.
Old 07-23-03, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Better Freeway scene - Reloaded or Bad Boys 2?

Originally posted by lesterlong
Which one did you like better? I have to go with Bad Boys 2. As ridiculous as it sounds, it was more realistic.
Because realistic car chases are better...uh...

No friggin' way. That whole scene in the Matrix blew me away. The Bad Boys 2 one was cool for sure, but the Matrix one had hand to hand combat, Trinity racing against freeway traffic, ect., ect.

Matrix, hands down.
Old 07-23-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've read some early set interviews with Bay and company regarding that scene and they most certainly were trying to be cool and top everyone else. The main difference was that 1) Bay didn't use as much "look at me!" slow-mo, and 2) BB2 didn't have Joel Silver irritating the living **** out of everyone crowing about how it would be the best chase ever and could never be topped.

Anyway, IMHO Reloaded's scene is hurt by the drab green filter and a weak second half. But the first half (which is longer than the entire chase in most other films), from the Twins firing out of the car, to the razor blade fight, to Morpheus turning the Twins' car into a convertible, is AWESOME.

BB2 maintains a constant level of excitement, but sometimes I wished they would slow down the editing and holds shots for at least for another second so we could see some of the awesomeness. It felt rushed. I complained about Reloaded's 'look at me' slow mo earlier, but sometimes that helps make the scene more interesting.

I would have to give the edge to Reloaded (barely), but BB2 is certainly way up there and better than T3.
Old 07-23-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with Tarantino. But the Bad Boys scene was fun, too.
Old 07-23-03, 09:42 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Better Freeway scene - Reloaded or Bad Boys 2?

Originally posted by Tarantino
Because realistic car chases are better...uh...

No friggin' way. That whole scene in the Matrix blew me away. The Bad Boys 2 one was cool for sure, but the Matrix one had hand to hand combat, Trinity racing against freeway traffic, ect., ect.

Matrix, hands down.
Too much slo-mo in the Matrix just dragged it down for me. Especially the scene where the trucks blows up and Neo flys in that was just too fake.
Old 07-23-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How can "Neither" be an option when the question is "Which movie had a better freeway scene?"

And moreover, how can people pick it!
Old 07-23-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Matrix's scene had no purpose it seems, they were supposed to be heading someplace but they never made it seem they were getting closer, they kept going back and forth along the same stretch. The car flip in slo mo was cool, but it was just a car flip and the Morpheus fight on top of the truck was laughingly bad, only real coolness was the blade across the tires and Trinity against traffic. Bad Boys 2 had real death and destruction, taken from the minute the jamaicans try to hit the truck in the lot until the end, including the Heat-style gunfight inbetween, definately more of a classic than matrix, and T3 tops Matrix in terms of the sheer magnitude of destruction going on.
Old 07-23-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Numanoid
How can "Neither" be an option when the question is "Which movie had a better freeway scene?"

And moreover, how can people pick it!
I was about to ask the very same question. Who the hell picks 'neither'? I guess anal retentive types who hate anything that's not artsy fartsy and who just wanna come into threads about blockbuster movies so they can leave a big steaming poo for everyone to smell.
Old 07-23-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Re: Better Freeway scene - Reloaded or Bad Boys 2?

Originally posted by lesterlong
Too much slo-mo in the Matrix just dragged it down for me. Especially the scene where the trucks blows up and Neo flys in that was just too fake.
I hope by fake you mean you could clearly tell that was CGI. Both highway scenes were, let's face, totally unrealistic. Saying one is superior to the other because it is more realistic (when both are so extraordinary) seems, well, dumb.
Old 07-23-03, 10:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Trigger
I was about to ask the very same question. Who the hell picks 'neither'? I guess anal retentive types who hate anything that's not artsy fartsy and who just wanna come into threads about blockbuster movies so they can leave a big steaming poo for everyone to smell.
Actually that is the main reason there was a 3rd option. I figured the people that wanted to come in and say "Both movies sucked" would have the choice of neither.

Corvin, by fake I do mean the CGI but also the action that took place seemed too farfetched.
Old 07-23-03, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pros and Cons for Matrix

Pros
- trinity going against traffic
- morpheus using his gun and sword at the same time (music at that moment was also cool)

Cons
- stupid agent jumping from one car to the other
- got a bit old with the agents not being able to hit their targets, same with the twins
- fight on top of the truck was lame, wasn't really part of the chase scene though

For BB 2:

Pros
- throwing cars out of the truck
- looked brutal, the boat hitting the car. OUCH!
- Porsche sounded really cool especially before the major chase sequence
- funny moments
- angles were cool, made it seem like it was really fast

Cons
- cops shooting in the freeway, even though it is a Bay film, I would have preferred them not shooting

So BB 2 for me. I've watched BB 2, a couple of times and the chase scene still holds up. Actually I liked it better the last time I watched it than the first time. The other sequences weren't as cool anymore but chase scene was still exciting. Funny thing Bay said about his chase scene on Maxim when Matrix came out, along the lines of "Matrix might have spent $60 million on the chase scene but we also have one that's not as big but the movie is funny." It seemed like he already accepted defeat when Matrix came out but I guess that was just so fans wouldn't expect too much out of it and get disappointed (which worked on my part).
Old 07-24-03, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Reloaded
Old 07-24-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

T3
Old 07-24-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Audience at Matrix Reloaded (saw at two sold out shows [35mm and IMAX] and one semi-packed show):
- Applause at the end of the sequence.

Audience at T3 (saw at sold out 7/1 8pm show):
- Lots of "HOLY *****!" and "WHOAS!" and gasps during the car chase.

Audience at Bad Boys II (saw at a sold out show opening night at 6:30pm):
- Some laughing at the "funny" moments.

So I think audiences choose T3 over Matrix Reloaded and Bad Boys II.
Old 07-24-03, 11:07 AM

I vote for T3...I'm surprised it wasn't included in the poll.
Old 07-24-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

T3
Old 07-24-03, 11:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Another vote for T3, which I guess isn't an actual option. I thought the chase in Matrix was just as boring as the rest of the movie, and didn't see BB2.

However, I was very excited by the chase in T3. There's something beautiful about that giant crane tearing through the road. T3 earns my vote for best blow-stuff-up actioner of the year. Yeah it's stupid, but it was a lot of fun.
Old 07-24-03, 04:50 PM

Bad Boys II on the strength of the boat.............without that it would have went to Reloaded..........though BBII could have shown some better shots of the car dodging
Old 07-24-03, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Personally, I think the best freeway scene of late is in Final Destination 2. Short, sweet, and to the point.
Old 07-24-03, 05:44 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts
Originally posted by audrey
Personally, I think the best freeway scene of late is in Final Destination 2. Short, sweet, and to the point.
Ouch!

(I voted neither, since I haven't seen any of them...)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.