Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Wondering About "The Very Best Of Cher" Deluxe Edition CD

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-03, 10:28 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that "The Very Best Of Cher" Deluxe Edition 2 CD Set will be released on August 26, 2003. Does anyone have details as to what will be on the 2 CD set?

Thank you for your information.

David
Old 07-22-03, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe it's the Live: The Farewell Tour CD packaged with the other set. It's also available seperate for people who already bought the single one. I just bought the regular for $9 and selling to a friend to get this version since she just wants 1 CD.

Songs on Cher - The Farewell Tour CD: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Song for the Lonely, Gayatri Mantra, All or Nothing, I Found Someone, Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down), Sonny & Cher Medley (The Beat Goes On/Baby Don't Go/I Got You Babe), All I Really Wanna Do (Medley, Part 1), Half-Breed (Medley, Part 2), Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves (Medley, Part 3), Dark Lady (Medley, Part 4), Take Me Home, The Way of Love, After All (Love Theme from Chances Are), Just like Jesse James, Heart of Stone, The Shoop Shoop Song (It's in His Kiss), Strong Enough, If I Could Turn Back Time, Believe
Old 08-12-03, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was right, from www.billboard.com

Cher Shares Live DVD, Double-Disc Hits Set

Cher, whose "The Very Best of Cher" (Geffen/MCA/Warner Bros.) sits at No. 14 in its 18th week on The Billboard 200, is preparing a special edition of the greatest-hits set to coincide with the release of a live performance DVD.

"The Very Best of Cher: Special Edition," due Aug. 26 release from Warner Bros., will include a second disc of 18 live recordings put to tape Nov. 8, 2002, in Miami as part of the artist's NBC television special "Cher's Living Proof Farewell Tour." A limited-edition single-disc version of the live tracks, "Cher Live: The Farewell Tour" will also be issued.

On the same day, Image Entertainment will unveil the DVD "Cher Live: The Farewell Tour," featuring the same 18 tracks recorded at the November concert. As previously reported, the concert special -- which originally aired April 6 -- garnered six Primetime Emmy Awards nominations, the most for a music-related program.

"The Very Best of Cher" peaked at No. 4 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 1.38 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. The artist's Farewell tour continues to expand, and now has scheduled dates set through Sept. 26 at the Woodlands, Texas.

-- Troy Carpenter, N.Y.