Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Brief Review Of Friday The 13th Uncut (Picture appearence mainly)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so my girlfriend & I got around to watching this. Let me state first, I didn't care for the movie. I didn't think it was scray or anything..but aside from that, my girlfriend liked the added (uncut) scenes. I believe there were only about 5 scences added..but I could be wrong as I fell asleep from boredom of the movie.

The picture quality was a C+ at best. I didn't notice much grain, but there was plenty of speckles to be seen throughout the movie. One "really bad" picture moment came during a bathroom scene. You could clearly see a black line from top to bottom on the left hand side of the screen appear for about 5-7 seconds. Soon after that, the disc skipped about 1 second ahead (to I believe, Kevin Bacon laying on the bed) and continued error free.

If I had the choice, I would pass on it for disc quality alone.

Spoiler:
However, if the extra uncut scenes is your thing (ie. chopping off of a head, axe through the center of the head, knife through the throat just to name a few..then this is the film for you.)

The sound was 5.1 but you would really notice it. Main sound came from the front & center speakers. I also didn't notice much bass at all (if any).

I am unsure if others experinced the same thing as I did. It is possible that the one skipping issue was just a small glitch on my disc.

I'll see if I can get some screen shots so I can ruin the fun!

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 07-20-03 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-21-03, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn those Reg 3s and their disk skipping behaviour

I used to own the Reg 1 and was always really pleased with the quality of that, considering the age and budget of the movie. This one sounds worse. Have you been able to compare your Reg 3 with the Reg 1, Bill?
Old 07-21-03, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ni I have not. I do not have the region 1 disc. However, I can't see it being much different, aside from the added scenes.