I Know & I Still Know Reissues...

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-03, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dvdfile.com just announced that Columbia is releasing a new lower price reissue of the double set with new cover art. But the announcement says "specs are the same" but the new awesome (read: horribly disgusting makes me want to gag) covers shows I Know What You Did Last Summer as a SPECIAL EDITION. Are the specs really the same because well, the one I own if they are the same features contains an audio commentary...and a trailer...ooh! that's very special...but I mean I Still Know contains more features than the original so if they are just the same discs redone for nothing- why would it be a special edition? Anyone have any news on this? I personally love I Know (big smg fan) and would love to replace my old almost featureless flipper with a special edition if it really is special...
Old 07-18-03, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supposedly both DVDs are to be brand new special editions.
Old 07-18-03, 01:42 AM

Did you get that information from another website? about them both being new special editions?
Old 07-18-03, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
Supposedly both DVDs are to be brand new special editions.
Specs are the same according to dvdfile which really does not make sense.....they already have the two pack which has been out for some time now.

How the heck or why for that matter is this two pack going to be considered a collectible two pack?
Old 07-18-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

An all-new Special Edition of I Know What You Did Last Summer and the sequel I Still Know What You Did Last Summer are now available in this collectible set!

(From DVD Planet and DVD Empire)
Old 07-18-03, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the way Jennifer Love Hewitt's rectangle extends further than the rest just to assure that her breasts are prominently featured on the cover.
Old 07-18-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A cast commentary with the four stars would be cool. I enjoyed the one SMG and FPJ did with Matthew Lillard and Linda Carellini on Scooby Doo.

Rob
Old 07-18-03, 01:39 PM
Cool New Member

Jennifer Love Hewitt is hot
Old 07-18-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by LBPound
I like the way Jennifer Love Hewitt's rectangle extends further than the rest just to assure that her breasts are prominently featured on the cover.

Well, they are the real stars of the movies.
Old 07-18-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

this set only retails for $24.95, so you can pick it up for under $20 everyehere. If all anyone wants is the SE of I Know..... then they can get it for the price of a regular DVD, at least Columbia didn't over-price them.

I think the New Cover art is OK, I wasn't a big fan of the original DVD covers, so these are no worse, maybe slightly better. I like the New color schemes
Old 07-18-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"I like the way Jennifer Love Hewitt's rectangle extends further than the rest just to assure that her breasts are prominently featured on the cover."

And so does everyone else.
Old 07-18-03, 08:18 PM

I like her rectangles too :cough:
I like the cover alot better. I amglad I old both of my other ones so I can get these. I just hope that the theatrical trailer of I Still Know where JLH is at the shrink is on it. That was the best one they made. I wish it was on the other sets but i wasn't
Old 07-21-03, 05:12 PM

Well after waiting a couple days (well, being off in Maine wilderness could be considered waiting...) I decided to check up on what Sony.com had to say about their dvd release on the new Deluxe double set of the I Know Films- and here is the scoop:

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER:
- Director's Commentary
- Exclusive New Documentary!
- Director's short film "Joyride" with optional commentary
- Music Video: "Hush" performed by Kula Shaker
- Photo Gallery
- Filmographies
- Theatrical Trailers
- Languages: English, 5.1, Spanish Dolby Surround, French Dolby Surround
- Subtitles: English, French, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Widescreen Format

I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER:
- Music Video: Jennifer Love Hewitt, "How Do I Deal?"
- Making-of Featurette
- Theatrical Trailers
- Languages: English, Dolby Surround and 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
- Subtitles: English
- Scene Selections
- Widescreen and Full Screen Formats

So I guess I Still Know is just a repackaging of the old DVD that has already come out while the first is indeed a "special" edition of the film. While I am kind of happy that there is a special edition of this film coming out, I am not fully excited for the new features. I mean an exclusive new documentary could be cool to see a behind the scenes look at the making of the film with cast members and stuff like that but hopefully it won't be a half hour worth of featurette-esque production with 75% of the feature being clips from the movie. I mean cool- photo gallery...and ooo! a music video...and a random film...but I am really considering on picking this up considering that this new special edition of I Know is exclusively Widescreen and has the new documentary- let's just hope that in a couple years (or if they pull a Black Hawk Down on us) they don't suddenly realize o wait we forgot to add this onto it and decide to release the three disc Deluxe Edition of the first film. Oh well- at least we get a special edition at all (well I'm happy considering that it's one of my fave films). So there's the scoop.

Last edited by SMGFanatic; 07-21-03 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-21-03, 07:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the new edition of I Still Know include the great teaser trailer missing from the previous releases?

Not a big fan of the films. They are ok i guess. You know,not exactly boring,but nothing special either. Still worth checking out for JLH though,hehe. Now that teaser was excellent though!
Old 07-21-03, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Julie Walker
Does the new edition of I Still Know include the great teaser trailer missing from the previous releases?
You mean the trailer that was yanked for legal reasons?

It was on the first release which I have and then it after the lawsuit it was taken off of the later pressings.
Old 07-21-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You mean the trailer that was yanked for legal reasons?
I Still Know was said, not I Know.

I'm guessing the teaser trailer in which JLH's character is with her shrink?
Old 07-21-03, 10:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes thats the one.

The issue with the original films trailer is pathetic & shows how stupid Hollywood is. They had to remove the 'from the creator of Scream' card shown in one section of the trailer. Though technically didn't Kevin Williamson create Scream? Afterall,it was his idea,the studio just released the film. So why the legal action over another studio mentioning it? Boy is Miramax more retarded than ever.

That was what held up the release for awhile,though some copies got out. The studio had to take out the 'offending' line or risk a lawsuit by the greedy pathetic bastards at Miramax over so called 'copyright infridgement' or some BS they made up.
Old 07-22-03, 08:22 AM

So copies of the I KNOW dvd essentially only contain the commentary now? Because I must have gotten one of the first ones put out because I own the one with the trailer with the "offending" line in the trailer.
Old 07-22-03, 08:39 AM

I have the original 2-pack and will probably stick with it, I don't watch these films very often anyway.