Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

About those Disney animated classics being redone (computer animated)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Sorry, couldn't find that old thread about the Disney classics being redone, this time computer animated. I just saw a story on Fox 5 news this morning about upcoming attractions at Disney World. One of them is a new 3D movie at the Magic Kingdom that shows all the classic Disney characters computer generated. Looked pretty cool. But do you suppose this was actually what stemmed the earlier discussion? Was there actually an article saying there would be full length features redone? I thought maybe someone read about this new attraction and got confused.
Old 07-17-03, 08:00 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Could be. I asked for a link in the other thread, and nobody could come up with anything other than "I heard it somewhere."
Old 07-17-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: About those Disney animated classics being redone (computer animated)

Originally posted by Daytripper
I just saw a story on Fox 5 news this morning about upcoming attractions at Disney World. One of them is a new 3D movie at the Magic Kingdom that shows all the classic Disney characters computer generated.
Do you have a link with more information on this? I was recently at WDW, and this is the first that I've heard of a new attraction.
Old 07-17-03, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: Re: About those Disney animated classics being redone (computer animated)

Originally posted by Morf
Do you have a link with more information on this? I was recently at WDW, and this is the first that I've heard of a new attraction.
It opens in October. It's taking the space where that Lion King show is in Fantasy land. They said it'll be the biggest 3D screen ever. I don't have a link. It was on Fox 5 news in Washington D.C. There's some reporter who has been in Orlando for the past week or so doing daily reports. I doubt the Disney websites have anything on this yet. Don't know about Fox 5's website.
Old 07-17-03, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: About those Disney animated classics being redone (computer animated)

Originally posted by Daytripper
It opens in October. It's taking the space where that Lion King show is in Fantasy land.
Ah, I remember now. That place was indeed being refirbished when I was there.

I'm surprised that I can't find any details on this new attraction at any of the WDW fansites (Intercot.com, etc).