Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Dawson's Creek:The Series Final 9/30: Did I miss a few seasons here?

Old 07-15-03, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been waiting for a while for season 2 on DVD. Today I was surfing the Davis DVD website and came across this.
So now I have a few questions:
1.) Is this for region 1?
2.) Does this mean that they aren't planning on releasing seasons 2-6 any time soon, if ever?
3.) If they do intend to release the other seasons, will they or won't they include the series final in the season 6 set?

I couldn't find any other info besides the pic and release date. So if anyone can put my mind at ease about these questions, I would be in their debt. Thanks.
Old 07-15-03, 10:01 PM

I think they are just releasing it because of the ratings the series finale made plus it is a director's cut which probably has andie in it. Andie was originally in the finale but they cut her out due to time I think. I heard a rumor that season 2 will be released by the end of the year. I also heard they might include the unaired pilot a in easter egg in the season two set. If its not out by Christmas THEN its time to complain. Season 2 is one of my favorite seasons.
Old 07-15-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so who did die at the end of the series, anyway?
Old 07-15-03, 10:51 PM

Yeah, Season 2 was my favorite as well. I liked and followed it pretty much up until the end of their high school days. I think it went on for 2 more seasons after that.

*Spoilers*

Jen dies at the end, but I still don't know what of.
Old 07-15-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might have to buy this one. I watched it 3 times. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=290999
All Good Things; Must Come to an End (2 HOUR SERIES FINALE)
Spoiler:
Five years have passed and everyone is reunited in Capeside for a special wedding, but the happy reunion is cut short after the group learns that one of their own has been harboring a heartbreaking secret. Since they were last together, Dawson has been living in Los Angeles producing his autobiographical television series 'The Creek,' but has never forgotten the love of his life; Joey is a successful book editor living in New York with her boyfriend (guest star Jeremy Sisto, "Six Feet Under") but comes home to realize she still loves her childhood sweethearts; Pacey is the owner of the new Ice House and still carries a torch for Joey, although he continues his pattern of getting into trouble with older women, including his newest conquest (guest star Virginia Madsen); Jen is a single mom living with Grams and managing an art gallery in Soho; and Jack is a teacher at Capeside High and has fallen in love with a secretly gay man.